Maggs

dasox24

Does anyone know if it's possible for Maggs to be added to the home run derby, or do they already have enough players in it? I think he should be in the home run derby, especially because he did win the preseason home run derby thing this year.

I wish Bret Boone would bow out.

I totally agree with you. I bet not only White Sox fans would rather see Maggs in than Bret Boone, but I think everyone else, except for Mariners fans, would rather watch Maggs in the home run derby than boone.

I for one would NOT want Maggs in the HR derby.  He doesn't have a natural HR swing and I don't want his swing ruined for the 2nd half the way Konerko was last year.  Let Boone do it.

Good point southsider but it's not like most players swings are ruined after the homerun derby.

I for one would NOT want Maggs in the HR derby.  He doesn't have a natural HR swing and I don't want his swing ruined for the 2nd half the way Konerko was last year.  Let Boone do it.

Agreed. Konerko last year should teach Sox players to avoid HR derbies. I think the HR Challenge that Maggs won has already messed him up a bit. He hasn't been driving the ball to opposite field with near the consistency of last year. That HR today was some classic Maggs though.

Good point southsider but it's not like most players swings are ruined after the homerun derby.

The only guy that I would like to see on our team do the HR derby is Frank. His swing is much more conducive to the derby. Most of the guys that do that are HR hitters with HR swings. Maggs is a gap to gap hitter who happens to be strong enough to hit some HR's.