2/27 B Game vs. Dodgers

flavum

off subject, i know but who is this pitcher theyre referring too..or maybe i just forgot..

whitesox.com

It was Guillen who apologized to the White Sox fan base last year for putting a relief pitcher into a game against Boston who had been regularly getting hammered and got crushed once again by the Red Sox on that night. That particular pitcher no longer is with the team.

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
off subject, i know but who is this pitcher theyre referring too..or maybe i just forgot..

whitesox.com

It was Guillen who apologized to the White Sox fan base last year for putting a relief pitcher into a game against Boston who had been regularly getting hammered and got crushed once again by the Red Sox on that night. That particular pitcher no longer is with the team.

I think it was Boone

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
Poreda rough start so far...Homer by Furcal, single by Hudson, according to Joe Cowley.

Updates here:

http://twitter.com/cst_sox

He's working alot on his secondary pitches probably, but the kid still has growing to do to get professional hitters like Furcal and Hudson out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
He's working alot on his secondary pitches probably, but the kid still has growing to do to get professional hitters like Furcal and Hudson out.

Which is why I hope he is starting in AAA this season, to work those things out. We have no need to rush him into the bullpen, where we have plenty of talent available. Besides, at this point without the necessary good secondary pitches, he is basically Matt Thornton, which we already have.

Is there any way to get udpates on this game, other than Cowley's irritating twits? I don't see a box score on MLB.com.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
Which is why I hope he is starting in AAA this season, to work those things out. We have no need to rush him into the bullpen, where we have plenty of talent available. Besides, at this point without the necessary good secondary pitches, he is basically Matt Thornton, which we already have.

Is there any way to get udpates on this game, other than Cowley's irritating twits? I don't see a box score on MLB.com.

better than nothing for a b game

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
Poreda threw 21 pitches, 18 fastballs, two breaking pitches and a change-up. His fastball was clocked from 91-93 mph.

Where'd you find that? He must either be taking it easy or was working on cutting his fastball.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
Where'd you find that? He must either be taking it easy or was working on cutting his fastball.

first outing of ST, im sure hes just getting going and working on location...