2/27 Sox vs. Dbacks

daa84

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChesterCopperpot @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
I would never vote for a DH.

haha it just seems like every year konerko hits like .400+ in ST...i believe a few years ago he broke his own team record for ST average by hitting like .525

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
I met Chris Stewart 4 years ago when he was with B'ham. He's a hell of a nice guy and a workhorse behind the plate. I hope he gets the backup job.

I've never met him, but he seems like he'd be a decent fit as backup C. He's got the D, which would be nice for once.

QUOTE (ChesterCopperpot @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
Should I know who Clevelan Santeliz is?

He's definitely worth keeping an eye on. I read an article by Phil Rogers a few weeks ago pretty much saying he and Nathan Jones are tremendously talented. Of course, they have a lot of things they have to work on.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (ChesterCopperpot @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
Should I know who Clevelan Santeliz is?

I've got some old notes I compiled on him from various sources.

22 year-old Venezuelan righthander Clevelan Santeliz heads the ranks of sleepers looking to surprise. His slider had been his best pitch until 2007, when his fastball jumped from the low 90s to the mid-90s, touching 96 mph at times. The 6-foot, 190-pound Santeliz also has a plus changeup. His development has been slowed by both his control and the lack of a consistent breaking pitch. He has been used more as a reliever than a starter but Bell switched him into the starting rotation after replacing Alan Regier as farm director. He's expected to compete for a starting spot at Birmingham in 2009. "He's got as good of an arm as anybody we have," one staffer said.

White Sox minor league pitching coordinator Kirk Champion compares Santeliz to Diamondbacks reliever Juan Cruz. "When he can stay under control, he can be impressive out there," Champion said. "He's tall, thin, and we know he'll mature. We need to see consistency from him over the course of a summer."

Edited by scenario