ST Game: 3/02 Sox vs. Mariners (2:05 CT)

joejoesox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
I think it's the exact opposite. This board hates speed so much that having it is almost a negative.

(I'm a huge Owens hater though, FWIW.)

Speed's fine, the problem comes when all you can do is run.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
The consensus has shifted, seems like 90% of the board now hates Jerry Owens. It's fun being ahead of the curve.

What's next, everyone's going to say Dye is bad defensively?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
I think it's the exact opposite. This board hates speed so much that having it is almost a negative.

(I'm a huge Owens hater though, FWIW.)

Everyone seems pretty open to the idea off ''speed''. Not everyone is open to the idea of getting speedy players for the sake of them just being speedy. Aka the ridiculously long ongoing willy taveras thread that should have never gotten that long in the first place. When speed is a players only asset it is understandable why that player gets scrutinized so often.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
Melton: Alexei Ramirez was the best 2B in the American League last year. A young star.

Ummmm....maybe Bill, in the first half of the year, but definitely not over the full season.

Apparently the White Sox don't care if their pitchers give up runs at all...only if they have a good BB/K ratio. Good news, Bill.

And an error on Dye allowing the double. A woeful AA/AAA roster is dominating the White Sox (minus Beltre) and sending Wasserman to Charlotte again.

Is Melton serious? They're playing the infield in because they don't want to go down one more run (from five to six) and they have the offense to come back?

REALLY?

Carlos Quentin did a good job last year defensively (WHAT?) and he has the best pop-up/sliding catch that Bill has seen, lol. UGH!!!!

Don Wakamatsu is apparently a "good baseball man." Glad to think they might have hired a bad one was GM, but didn't. You would think Melton would be more familiar with him due to his White Sox ties.

I guess in order to be a White Sox announcer you have to believe that everyone on the team is incredible defensively. DJ was spewing the same s*** a few days ago.

Oh and Bill THE f***ING MVP OF THE AMERICAN LEAGUE WAS A SECOND BASEMAN YOU YUTZ! Alexei was probably the 4th best 2B in the AL last season.

Crushed that one, around 420-430 feet.

Good thing Ozzie played the infield in Bill, we're still in this vitally important/crucial game.

Josh Fields does look a bit quicker with his hands this year...he waited nicely on that breaking ball and yanked another double.

Lefties are afraid of Brian Anderson, so they want to go right after Chris Getz. LOL!!!!!

Nice camerawork...showing Fields running instead of the ball that looked like it could have been a double to the gap.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
I think he said Washerman. Meaning Wassermann.

Another Melton mispronunciation... "Octovio" Dotel.

For crying out loud Bill, you only work for the WhiteSox... if would be nice if you knew the player's names.

It's even more fun to hear him pronounce Dayan Viciedo...

I'm hoping that was Linebrink working on that split-finger. Will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that 93-94 MPH fastball comes back.

Even more fun...Melton chiding Bender for saying "Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Arizona" before quickly correcting himself.

I actually remember one game in KC where Sweeney hit into a game-ending double play with the bases loaded and only one out in the bottom of the 9th and the Royals only down by one...but he's done pretty well against us in his career, duly noted.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Another Melton mispronunciation... "Octovio" Dotel.

For crying out loud Bill, you only work for the WhiteSox... if would be nice if you knew the player's names.

To be fair, DJ mispronounced Octavio last year the exact same way all year last year. And it bugged me too