Sox vs Rox 3:05 CST Start, Webcast

jasonxctf

Wow, these announcers pulling out all of the Sox stereotypes. Saying that Sox fans like gritty, grindy players that get their uniform dirty. "Bring their lunch pail".

Um, no. We like good major league players that win baseball games. Period.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
Wow, these announcers pulling out all of the Sox stereotypes. Saying that Sox fans like gritty, grindy players that get their uniform dirty. "Bring their lunch pail".

Like... Like... Dewayne Wise? Help me folks, i must be reaching.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
I am so excited with the difference Jeff Cox has made with our baserunning. 2 years in, and you can see the difference. Their slides look more professional as they get pegged by a batters length or so into the base.

Good one

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
If D-Wheezey had been up he would of hit a grand slam, and stole two bases at the same time. Instead, we lost. Great move, Ozzie. :angry:

Brandon phillips actually stole two bases in the same play without a throw from the catcher in 2007.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
Brandon phillips actually stole two bases in the same play without a throw from the catcher in 2007.

Me and whitesoxfan101 were talking via Facebook about Konerko's SBs last year and the hilarity that ensued. How the hell did that happen?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
Me and whitesoxfan101 were talking via Facebook about Konerko's SBs last year and the hilarity that ensued. How the hell did that happen?

''Brandon Phillips followed with a single -- and then produced a rare sight. With the left-handed Adam Dunn up, the Nationals employed a shift that put three infielders on the right side, with third baseman Ryan Zimmerman essentially playing shortstop. Phillips stole second and, when Schneider didn't attempt to throw him out, rounded the bag and headed for third without breaking stride.''

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
my favorite part of today? Anderson raising his spring line to .297 .361 .484

too bad Wise outplayed him.

it's pretty even - you could make an argument for either, offensively speaking. Zero walks for Wise, but a higher slugging...kind of a choose your poison at this point.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
it's pretty even - you could make an argument for either, offensively speaking. Zero walks for Wise, but a higher slugging...kind of a choose your poison at this point.

I'll take your word that they were even offensively, I haven't looked at the numbers much, but if they are, then it should be BAs job because he is insanely better at defense than Wise

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)

Offense - very close. Although Wise is a bit more flukey with the higher BABIP.

Defense --BA has 6 assists. 6!

Edited by JorgeFabregas