Kudos to MLBTV

stretchstretch

for those of us outside the Chgo area, ESPN is still the easiest way to get some TV highlights of Sox games. unfortunately.

local cable added MLBTV recently, and as it turns out, there are 4 other baseball divisions beside the AL East and NL East????? and other players out west aside from this Manny Ramirez guy....

watching MLB TV is a whole differernt world. suddently I'm exposed to inside stories on teams and playerr that otherswise would never be known, coverage of teams are equal, you don't need to grind though 30mins of bos, nyy, nym, phi every baseball tonight and/or sportscenter before "hoping" to get a blip from some other team.

We're talking about the MLB Network not the MLB.TV ? ;-)

I was gonna make the same post, I'm on Easter break from school and I've been watching this channel non stop.

Too bad we don't have it in school because I'm gonna miss it, can't wait for summer, they need to start broadcasting more games.

it's excellent and I am glad they didn't fall into the east coast bias crap. ESPN's baseball coverage is unwatchable to me now. I gave BBTN a try this year because there's a handful of people on the network I like, but it's a trainwreck. They're trying a new thing where they toss it to their analysts in like back rooms so it looks like they're spending their time breaking down tape, it's flat out terrible.

The MLB Network is so well done, I'm very pleased.

I watched a replay of the game that Sandburg went deep twice off of Bruce Sutter on MLBN yesterday. There was an incident in that game that I guess you would call a foreshadowing of things to come. Fly ball into the left field corner, Gary Mathews jumps at wall in foul territory and a fan gets between Sarge and the ball. So much like the Bartman incident. Mathews even expressed his displeasure at the incident, just like Alou did.

QUOTE (SoIL @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
I haven't enjoyed ESPN as a whole for a couple of years now. MLBTV has pretty well eliminated ESPN from my TV watching.

The only time I ever watch ESPN is when there is a game on it. Otherwise I ignore their "analysis." I can't remember what the straw that broke the camel's back was, I think it was some more manufactured Favre or T.O. drama.