And That's a White Sox Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
I kept waiting and waiting for someone to do it.

Buehrle !

Thome !

Wise !?

Jenks !

Dye !

lol, I had the window and I was like "so nobody did it yet?" and I guess you put yours up while I was typing.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
I am really impressed with Fields this year. How nice would Beckham look in the leadoff spot and playing 2nd.

Fields is looking pretty good. Getz is a good player . Let Beckham get his seasoning and Getz settle in at 2nd for a while. I hope Getz wasn't hurt by that HBP.

Great win. Nice contribution from the entire lineup. Getz was the only person to not get a hit. Noticed too the K's were down...only 3 for the game. Awesome job by Mark today! Wouldn't have minded not making everybody squirm in the 9th.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
Did Wise get two hits...? Woah.

Yep, and good for him after all of the crap that he took last week.

Outside of Richard's dismal performance, you gotta like what you saw today. Great overall effort, top-to-bottom.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 04:16 PM)
The next series against the Twinkies is in May and in Chicago. We need to take at least 2 of 3. The next 9 games against them are in that s***hole dome.

I really hope the culture around this team and the Metrodome changes this year. It DISGUSTS me to hear people talk about that place as if it's cursed. Or impossible to win in.

I don't want to hear any quotes from anyone that resembles a defeatist attitude (ie, we'll be lucky to win one).

I'll never forget how pitiful it was being around Soxtalk, and just listening to the White Sox become little girls at the discussion of the Dome late in the season. I remember a few weeks before, when we were looking ahead to that series (and realizing it'd probably mean something), Hawk was saying -- "we better have a 3+ game lead in the standings because we cant win down there." You know damn well the entire team thought this. Sure enough, we were swept. It needs to stop. It's embarrassing to listen to.

Edited by Flash Tizzle