White Sox by the Numbers

gsoxs1

#8: Albert Bell over Bo Jackson... oh the memories of Bo. But the right choice.

#12: AJ ("Steve Lyons likely lost crucial votes by dropping his drawers in Detroit. " :lolhitting )

#23: Robin Ventura - No doubt on that, even with JD. Robin was the man)

#45: Carlos Lee over Bobby Jenks? I dont think so.

All good choices except #45, IMO.

Other than that, it kinda makes we cry when you look at recent "one year wonders" who are now the best to have worn the number. Shows how BAD this franchise was for a period of time.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)

#12: AJ ("Steve Lyons likely lost crucial votes by dropping his drawers in Detroit. " :lolhitting )

Other than that, it kinda makes we cry when you look at recent "one year wonders" who are now the best to have worn the number. Shows how BAD this franchise was for a period of time.

Give Bobby two more good years, and there won't be any room for discussion.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)

I am a huge Robin fan myself and I know some people would freak out about this, but despite Robin's 10 good years with the Sox, their might be an argument to be made that JD has put up better numbers and has been more valuable to the Sox during his time.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
I am a huge Robin fan myself and I know some people would freak out about this, but despite Robin's 10 good years with the Sox, their might be an argument to be made that JD has put up better numbers and has been more valuable to the Sox during his time.

Agreed.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)

I'd respect either choice. That's a damn fine number in Chicago sports.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)

I'll take Robin's 10 good years of holding down 3B over Jermaine. People look at numbers and forget about the leather.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 02:59 AM)
I'll take Robin's 10 good years of holding down 3B over Jermaine. People look at numbers and forget about the leather.

10 years, 171 homers, 219 doubles, 741 RBIs, .274 BA, 5 gold gloves. The states speak for themselves.

Also, WOW.... I was looking over RVs career stats, I never really realized how quickly he fell off the map after he left the sox. He has one good year with the Mets, but then his batting average plummeted. Still hot for good power, but that was about it.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
10 years, 171 homers, 219 doubles, 741 RBIs, .274 BA, 5 gold gloves. The states speak for themselves.

Also, WOW.... I was looking over RVs career stats, I never really realized how quickly he fell off the map after he left the sox. He has one good year with the Mets, but then his batting average plummeted. Still hot for good power, but that was about it.

I wonder how much of that could be attributed to his leg injury. That was nasty stuff there.

How long until Q! replaces Horlen at 20. A week?