nretherf

Charlotte - Off Day

Birmingham @ West Tennessee

Poreda Vs. Souza

Myrtle Beach @ Winston-Salem

Cordier Vs. Shirek

Hagerstown @ Kannapolis

Demny Vs. Leesman

Figured I would put this up here since Kanny game is already underway, and both W-S and Birmingham start in a few.

Don't know how to make it Sticky so it stays up top like scenario does, but hopefully an admin can fix that.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

Welcome aboard. I'll get this thing pinned right now. Hopefully Danks can make some adjustments, but either way, I think it should be expected that Danks would have his struggles. He's such a phenomenal athlete though and a smart kid so he'll get things figured out and will definately spend all of 2009 in Birmingham.

QUOTE (CJ_supporter @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
Might be an understatement, since we are family. Thanks for the welcome.

Awesome, you couldn't have come to a better spot cause I know we have a ton of CJ followers and supporters on here.

QUOTE (CJ_supporter @ May 20, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
Might be an understatement, since we are family. Thanks for the welcome.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Barons, and I've enjoyed watching C.J. hit. He really puts a charge into the ball.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
Danks now 1-2 with a double.

FWIW

He has struck out 11 of his first 36 at bats in AA, which is roughly 30% which means his BABIP is .440. I'm not knocking any of his potential but with that strikeout rate he really is going to need a lot more time.

Its been 36 at bats. He's going to strike out. In fact, he might end up like Jimmy Edmonds with a bit less power. But he does have a good swing and his career strikeout number will fall as he continues to develop.

Gilmore 2-3 today. It's been a good 5 game stretch for him.

Beckham is struggling. Pop out, sac bunt, strike out. Down to .274. I still think he'll go off one of these weeks like he did the first week of the season, but it's been a tough go the last few weeks with the slump and injury. Hopefully he's not still feeling that abdominal injury.

he hasn't hit for as much power as i expected (yet...and that big park may have something to do with it) but I feel like in all the Beckham/Poreda/Danks/Viciedo/Allen hype Tyler Flowers has gotten a bit lost in the shuffle....His OBP is currently .445

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 20, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
he hasn't hit for as much power as i expected (yet...and that big park may have something to do with it) but I feel like in all the Beckham/Poreda/Danks/Viciedo/Allen hype Tyler Flowers has gotten a bit lost in the shuffle....His OBP is currently .445

Flowers is the guy Hahn, outside of Beckham, that is apparently the most untouchable on the Sox. The rationale given was that both of them have the ability to be above average offensive weapons at there respected positions (SS & C).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Flowers is the guy Hahn, outside of Beckham, that is apparently the most untouchable on the Sox. The rationale given was that both of them have the ability to be above average offensive weapons at there respected positions (SS & C).

Even though the Sox say it, I am not convinced Flowers stays at C. I expect the Sox to take a catcher within the first four rounds of this draft.