5/22 games...

JPN366

Definitely interesting Beckham is bouncing around the infield the last couple games, but I'm not going to read anything into it unless it keeps happening in the next few weeks.

As far as I can tell, Gordon was only involved in one play on defense, and started a 5-4-3 DP.

Charlotte down 4-1 in the 2nd, Whisler getting hit around.

B-Ham wins Game 1 of a DH 3-2 in 8 innings. Ely a good outing, Beckham, Danks and CJ with 2 hits each.

B-Ham Game 2 starts soon, Zaleski will be the starter.

W-S already losing 7-0 in the 3rd, J-Lowe couldn't complete the third inning, got crushed.

Kanny down 2-1 in the 2nd, Edwards pitching and struggling a bit, Gilmore 1-1 with the one RBI.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 22, 2009 -> 07:53 PM)
Seems to me that Retherford has earned a shot at 3B more so than Beckham at this point.

If they're going to bring him up to inject some life into the offense (assuming Nix continues to struggle), Retherford makes a lot more sense to give a 7-10 day trial than Beckham.

There aren't nearly as many negatives to CJ flopping as there would be if you tried Viciedo or Beckham.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
So, it seems that while Kanny does have some solid pitching (despite Edwards getting hit today), their lineup is awful. Gilmore is the only guy whose bat is even worth mentioning.

Hopefully, this will change with next months draft.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 22, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
I still think we should give Fields some more time.

So he can continue to show off to MLB teams how truly bad he is?

Watch him play. You can tell he isn't a baseball player.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
So he can continue to show off to MLB teams how truly bad he is?

Watch him play. You can tell he isn't a baseball player.

At least Beckham can give this offense a jolt. I think we should just promote him. He also doesn't seem to have the mentality to get down on himself if he initially struggles.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
Side note: Charlotte today was playing the Pirates AAA affiliate. That's a nice little coinkydink.

I always wished they'd managed to align the Minor League affiliates in divisions like their Major League clubs. That way they could establish rivalries early, and have a cool sense of competition going.

Barons swept the double header, winning 6-1 in the second game.

Danks with an all around good day, collecting 5 hits in 8 AB's. In the 2nd game, he want 3-4 with an RBI. Beckham went 1-4 with a K though. Shelby and Cook homored each.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
At least Beckham can give this offense a jolt. I think we should just promote him. He also doesn't seem to have the mentality to get down on himself if he initially struggles.

I've always thought that the confidence thing was always blown out of proportion. Unless you're a mental midget, you know you'll have your struggles. The thing you gotta worry about is if the player presses too much and puts too much pressure on themselves.