5/23 Games

flavum

If JorDanks keeps it up and has a great season at AA there is no reason to think he wouldn't come into the Spring in '10 with his eye on the starting gig in center... And be heavily considered....

Another big development not many people are talking about is Nathan Jones. Had a great start in Kanny, now doing his thing in WS. Tonight, 2 inn, 0 hits, no runs, no walks (most important stat to me) and 3 Ks. He has a chance to be a lights-out reliever with a sick combination of high 90s heat and a wicked 12-to-6 curveball. I am starting to believe in him.

QUOTE (Jim Spencer @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
Some one should of told Jose :P

With CR starting to establish himself, it's going to get very interesting to watch what Aaron Poreda does in his next 3-4 starts. Colon seems to be living on luck, and Contreras is approaching sitiuational relief territority. We could be seeing the start of the next generation of White Sox starting pitching.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
With CR starting to establish himself, it's going to get very interesting to watch what Aaron Poreda does in his next 3-4 starts. Colon seems to be living on luck, and Contreras is approaching sitiuational relief territority. We could be seeing the start of the next generation of White Sox starting pitching.

Well said with Colon living on luck; I couldn't agree more. Seems he throws that same 89-91 hard-tailing fastball every pitch. Does he throw an off-speed pitch? I don't even know why he's been as successful as he has with one pitch. Definitely going to need one more starter, 2 if Clay falls flat, don't know if Poreda is that guy yet. I hope it's a good Contreras.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
Contreras got rocked. 5.2 IP, 8 H, 2 BB, 8 K, 7 R, 5 ER

I think it's about time we try and see what he can do in a relief role.

2010 can't get here soon enough as far as Jose is concerned. Thank you for eternity for 2005 and most of 2006, Jose. But you f***in' suck.

It'll be very interesting to see what the sox do in the future. Say if Richard figures it out, and Poreda develops his secondary pitches, what happens? I seriosuly doubt we'd carry 4 LHP in the rotation for the forseeable future. It's a very good problem to have though. We all know Buehrle and Danks aren't going anywhere... especially Danks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:17 AM)
2010 can't get here soon enough as far as Jose is concerned. Thank you for eternity for 2005 and most of 2006, Jose. But you f***in' suck.

I got no problem signing him to a minor league contract to pitch for Charlotte next year, especially if that is where Viciedo will be next year.