5/24 Games (Sunday)

scenario

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Call Becky up, please. Danks continues to rake, definitely speeded up his ETA for Sox to mid-next year perhaps.

Hell, maybe even next year. Imagine if he could make a similar impact as Granderson or Sizemore did when they came up...

I'm extremely excited about the possibility of seeing Beckham called up soon and play 3B for us in June. If we call him up, that doesn't hurt his arb clock, right?

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
Hell, maybe even next year. Imagine if he could make a similar impact as Granderson or Sizemore did when they came up...

I'm extremely excited about the possibility of seeing Beckham called up soon and play 3B for us in June. If we call him up, that doesn't hurt his arb clock, right?

I do believe you're correct in that it wouldn't start the arb clock.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 24, 2009 -> 01:25 PM)

A callup after June 1 of this year is 100% equal to a callup at any point before next April 15th or so...assuming he's called up and never sent back down.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Cassel with another promising performance. 7 IP, 3 H, 2BB, 6 K, 0 R

He skidded out of the gate when he came off the DL, looked terrible. But his last two outings have been quite good - maybe he's really back to 100% now.

LOL, I swear I have the lead touch. Every time I say something like "hey, look at such-and-such, he's looking great", they inevitably stink it up within a day or two.

This time, Dan Remenowsky comes back down to earth, giving up 2 ER in 0.2 IP to blow a 1-0 lead and take the loss.

Someone stop me.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ May 25, 2009 -> 01:15 AM)
Sauer has been pretty much crap prior to moving him into the starting rotation. That's kinda strange, usually it works the other way moving a starter into the pen to get some results out of him but who cares. Nice to see him doing well.

I don't know about that, a 14:0 K:BB rate in 10 innings pitching out of the 'pen. I'd bet on those kind of peripherals leading to future success almost every time and so far it's looking pretty good for Sauer.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ May 25, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Outside of Sauer's very good K:BB ratio, his GB:FB ratio is really eye popping. Wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself in Winston-Salem soon.

By that logic, Dan Remenowsky should be on his way the Dash as well. Even after his worst outing of the year the other day, he's got 31 K against 3 BB in 16.1 IP, and a 2.75 GO/AO (was 5.50 recently, but he allows so few balls in play that it seems to fluctuate pretty wildly).