5/27 Games

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 27, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Fernando Hernandez blew it. 2-run homer in the 9th on a hanging curve.

Going to the bottom of the 9th. Retherford, Colina, and Price due up. If anyone gets on, Danks will be trying to extend his hitting streak to 11.

Fernando was having such a good season so far, he was due for a meltdown.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
Thanks.

Was Beckham in the on-deck circle when he was pulled from the game? Nothing in the boxscore indicates a substitution.

David Cook was going to pinch hit for him. He left before the start of the bottom of the 9th.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 27, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
David Cook was going to pinch hit for him. He left before the start of the bottom of the 9th.

Interesting. Well, I'm sorry for you that you won't get to watch him anymore, but it's still a good team.

The question now is how much 3B will he play at Charlotte? I think if he's playing there everyday, he'll be in Chicago very soon.

Another question--who plays SS for Birmingham now? I know Hudson is banged up a little. Is he the everyday SS now?

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 27, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
Interesting. Well, I'm sorry for you that you won't get to watch him anymore, but it's still a good team.

The question now is how much 3B will he play at Charlotte? I think if he's playing there everyday, he'll be in Chicago very soon.

Another question--who plays SS for Birmingham now? I know Hudson is banged up a little. Is he the everyday SS now?

I guess Hudson too, but depending on the corresponding roster moves, it could be someone else. Huddy's been day to day with a strained wrist. Does someone get cut in Charlotte? They have a full roster and Wise rehabbing. Does Greg Paiml come up, or Persichina to become the utility guy and Hudson becomes the everyday SS? I doubt anybody would come to B'ham from Charlotte. Many questions...

Edited by JPN366