Sox vs. Angels 5/27/09 9:05

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Not sure if this was accurate, but I heard Weaver's been tougher on the White Sox (1 ER in 4 career starts) than anyone in franchise history.

He's pretty much shut is down completely each time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
Not sure if this was accurate, but I heard Weaver's been tougher on the White Sox (1 ER in 4 career starts) than anyone in franchise history.

3-0 in 4 starts with a 0.34 ERA. 14 hits, 5 walks, 25 strikeouts in 26 innings against us.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)

In 4 games vs the Sox, he is 3-0 with a 0.34 era and 0.71 whip in 26 innings.

Hopefully tonight will be the opposite where we hit a pitcher that has dominated us, unlike not hitting a pitcher which we raked against.

Much like with Ervin Santana Brian Anderson is the only hitter on this team with any real success against Weaver (sans Betemit).

56 AB against Weaver for the current members of this ballclub and we have 2 XBH total, 4 BB and 16 K.

Anderson is 1/3 w/ 2B and Betemit is 1/5 w/ HR and 2 BB. Of course Thome has the other 2 BB because he's Jim Thome.

AJ, Kong, Jim, Pods and Dye are a combined 5 for 42 against him with 11 strikeouts.

Nix starting at the "Appalachian State is HOT! HOT!" hot corner.

Podsednik lf

Ramirez ss

Dye rf

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Anderson cf

Getz 2b

Nix 3b

Floyd p

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
He dominates us.

Sox suck on the West Coast! Sox can't beat Weaver! Sox never close a sweep! Sox always play crap lineup in 3rd game!

REVERSE UGGA BUUGA!! NOT TODAY!!

SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON SOXTALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WILL THEM TO VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
That's Fields's punishment for looking better the last couple games.

He has looked better, however I think Weaver's stuff just dominates Josh, pretty decent move there I think.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
Much like with Ervin Santana Brian Anderson is the only hitter on this team with any real success against Weaver (sans Betemit).

56 AB against Weaver for the current members of this ballclub and we have 2 XBH total, 4 BB and 16 K.

Anderson is 1/3 w/ 2B and Betemit is 1/5 w/ HR and 2 BB. Of course Thome has the other 2 BB because he's Jim Thome.

AJ, Kong, Jim, Pods and Dye are a combined 5 for 42 against him with 11 strikeouts.

Woo Hoo we're due!!!

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
Nix starting at the "Appalachian State is HOT! HOT!" hot corner.

Podsednik lf

Ramirez ss

Dye rf

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Anderson cf

Getz 2b

Nix 3b

Floyd p

I like this lineup, and it's our best overall defense. Good R-L balance. Should be used frequently until the return of Q.