12 Game Homestand

Cochise

So the Good Guys are home for the next 12 games, 5 of which are against the Tigers. How many do you all think we'll win? In what place will we be on June 12?

I think we'll go 7-5 and I'd be satisfied with that.

Oakland: 3-1

Cleveland: 2-1

Detroit: 2-3

Detroit plays Boston and the Angels between now and coming to the Cell for 5. Hopefully they'll beat up on the Kittens. On June 12, I'd like to see the Sox still in second and nipping at Detroit's heels, maybe like 1.5 games out or better.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (Cochise @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
So the Good Guys are home for the next 12 games, 5 of which are against the Tigers. How many do you all think we'll win? In what place will we be on June 12?

I think we'll go 7-5 and I'd be satisfied with that.

Oakland: 3-1

Cleveland: 2-1

Detroit: 2-3

Detroit plays Boston and the Angels between now and coming to the Cell for 5. Hopefully they'll beat up on the Kittens. On June 12, I'd like to see the Sox still in second and nipping at Detroit's heels, maybe like 1.5 games out or better.

Thoughts?

Honestly I'd be dissappointed with that homestand. Change it to 3-2 vs the tiggers and an 8-4 homestand and I'm happy.

You're right, let's say 8-4. Man, it'd be sweet to go on a roll and come out on top in the division. We usually play the kittens pretty well. Hopefully we beat up on Verlander, for some reason I hate that guy.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
What a difference a couple of weeks make in here :)

I'll bet 6-6.

Without Quentin this is a .500 team.

You're right...they did horribly without him lately.

I'm not saying we don't need TCQ, but our guys are stepping up and not solely relying on homers.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Where is that extra game coming from? GOD recovering from injury boosts our win total automatically?

I just tossed an extra win in there. Trying to be optimistic.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
My heart says 9-3. My head says 7-5.

My pancreas says 8-4.

You must have a very agreeable pancreas, because not only does it find middle ground between head and heart, but a lot of others are saying 8-4 too.

And I agree with it as well. 8-4 seems very realistic.

Edited by witesoxfan

Before opening the thread, reading it, and changing my mind with every post, I said 7-5 to myself. Other people in the room were giving me strange looks as I talked to myself, but I don't care. Although 7-5 is an above .500 record, and I would be satisfied with that, I would love to see 8-4 or better. I'm not sure it's realistic, but if they keep playing like this you never know.

A four game sweep of the struggling A's would be a great way to start. The very important part of this homestand is the 5 games against Detroit. It is conceivable to come out of this homestand in first place in the AL Central. We cannot, however, rely on doing so with the Detroit series only. So, beating up on the 19-30 A's would give the Sox a nice head start and a good head of steam going into a long battle with the Tigers.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Without Quentin this is a .500 team.

I disagree. Pods has played better than anyone could have asked, and filled that glaring hole at the top of the order. They are a more well-rounded team with a healthy Scott Podsednik in the lineup. When TCQ is healthy, I think BA and Wise need to have their playing time cut in favor of Pods. He's been a huge shot in the arm for this team.