SI: MLB Team by Team Draft Rankings Past 10 Years

gsoxs1

Wow. Reading this makes me depressed about how bad our team has drafted over the years. Are biggest steal was Matt Guerrier(10th round in 99). I don't remmember him being that good.

Current Key players Fields, Getz, and Richard. Verdict is still out on all 3, but seems like Fields might be on his way out.

Link

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...tml?eref=sihpT1

our inability to retool our own farm system/develop players via the draft IMO is probably the biggest reason why we haven't sustained the success we had in 2000 and 2005 over the course of the last 10 years...

QUOTE (gsoxs1 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
Wow. Reading this makes me depressed about how bad our team has drafted over the years. Are biggest steal was Matt Guerrier(10th round in 99). I don't remmember him being that good.

Current Key players Fields, Getz, and Richard. Verdict is still out on all 3, but seems like Fields might be on his way out.

Link

The farm system's taken a lot of heat of the last 10 years but really its a crapshoot.The bottom 15 teams could all have been interchangeable and the Sox have produced more major leaguers then a lot of teams who are ahead of them .Also have done wll trading minor leaguers who never made it for established players.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
AT least Borchard has the longest HR at USCF...That useless mess also netted us Matt Thornton!!!

That might be the best trade Kenny has made... An absolute steal for a no-talent assclown.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
It's funny to see almost everyone we have drafted over the last ten years have been a bust, yet we been able to deal so many of our minor leaguers for actual major league talent. Makes you wonder what the problem is.

And i think that article failed to take that into consideration. One thing KW has done well with the talent they did draft, is trading them at the right time for some value.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
Well as of today we have four of the players we drafted in the first round on the team right now. I wonder how many other teams can say that?

Combined to hit .225 with 46 homers and 394 strikeouts in 1328 ab, and 0 innings pitched. I wonder how many other teams would want to say that.

Beckham, Poreda, Rowand, Fields, & Anderson (?) are the only decent 1st rounders in the last 18 years.

2006 Kyle McCulloch

2005 Lance Broadway

2004 Tyler Lumsden

2004 Gio Gonzalez

2002 Royce Ring

2001 Kris Honel

2001 Wyatt Allen

2000 Joe Borchard

1999 Jason Stumm

1999 Matt Ginter

1999 Brian West

1999 Rob Purvis

1998 Kip Wells

1997 Jason Dellaero

1997 Kyle Kane

1997 Brett Caradonna

1997 Aaron Myette

1997 Jim Parque

1997 Rocky Biddle

1996 Bobby Seay

1995 Jeff Liefer

1994 Mark L. Johnson

1994 Chris Clemons

1993 Scott Christman

1992 Eddie Pearson

1991 Scott Ruffcorn

QUOTE (gsoxs1 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)

Link

Chris Young and Mark Buehrle have to be considered steals as well.