White Sox/Yankees

Kyyle23

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This where someone better than I inserts one of those comic strips of Ozzie talking about loving speed. I believe it was about BA or maybe Lillibridge, not sure. Actually, probably Owens haha.

with the go ahead run at second and beckham at the plate would you have pinch run for Castro? would it have even mattered?

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
with the go ahead run at second and beckham at the plate would you have pinch run for Castro? would it have even mattered?

How about option C, don't run your backup catcher on a charging RF with a decent arm. Getting guys pegged by 3 horse lengths is dumb.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
How about option C, don't run your backup catcher on a charging RF with a decent arm. Getting guys pegged by 3 horse lengths is dumb.

i'd like to see the iso cam of castro if one exists - i'll bet he got a s***ty jump

White Sox versus CLE/KC/BALT

20-20

DET versus CLE/KC/BALT

21-11

There's one of the most glaring and obvious reasons we're cooked this year...along with our subpar play at home for almost the entire season, typified by only going 3-3 in our last homestand against KC and BALT.

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/...l-batting.shtml

We're 7th from last this year at 49%. League average is 51 and WOW Jim needs a break.

Do they have this statistic for 7th inning and later (same situation, "clutch," etc.) ???

Because in those situations, it seems we HAVE to be worst or bottom 3.

Someone will wonder why Thornton sucks in the last two weeks of the season and it will be all those games like this where he's had to go 30+ innings because we no longer have any other legit bullpen options.

But it will be Ozzie's and now KW's fault that our bullpen is horrible, even though we spend more money on it than 85-90% of the teams in baseball (Dotel/Linebrink/Jenks).

Game over next inning if we don't score. Linebrink warming up.

Who else could you go with if you're GUILLEN? Jenks? That has disaster written all over it with all the FB hitters the Yankees have...same with Linebrink, same with Pena.

We might be starting Carrasco tomorrow, correct? Or has it already been announced?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
Do they have this statistic for 7th inning and later (same situation, "clutch," etc.) ???

Because in those situations, it seems we HAVE to be worst or bottom 3.

I don't see it on there.

Rainout tomorrow would be real nice though