White Sox/Yankees

Kyyle23

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is everyone's chance to BEAT Ozzie as bullpen manager?

Assuming NOBODY would go with Linebrink next inning (assuming we don't score in the top of the 9th), who would you use?

Pena? Dotel? Contreras?

I really would seriously think about giving Jose a shot over Linebrink, as long as he's starting the inning. The odds are it wouldn't work, but I'd rather try that than our usual fail scenarios with Jenks/Linebrink/Dotel in tie ballgames.

Rivera with an ERA below 1.00 in save situations this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
This is everyone's chance to BEAT Ozzie as bullpen manager?

Assuming NOBODY would go with Linebrink next inning (assuming we don't score in the top of the 9th), who would you use?

Pena? Dotel? Contreras?

I really would seriously think about giving Jose a shot over Linebrink, as long as he's starting the inning. The odds are it wouldn't work, but I'd rather try that than our usual fail scenarios with Jenks/Linebrink/Dotel in tie ballgames.

Rivera with an ERA below 1.00 in save situations this year.

dotel

I would pick Dotel over Linebrink, but I'd still cross my fingers and try Contreras. Just a hunch. He's been so Jekyll and Hyde this year, he'd probably go 3-5 scoreless innings but our offense wouldn't score and we'd lose anyway.

P.S. And that's why we needed BOTH those runs with 2nd and 3rd and no outs. Usual horrible execution by Sox bailed out by Beckham. but it's all academic regardless. Rivera showing what a real closer looks like, in tie games or save situations.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
#1. Frank Thomas

#2. Harold Baines

#3. Carlton Fisk

#4. Chet Lemon

#5. Tim Raines

#6. Lance Johnson

#7. Ozzie Guillen

#8. Paul Konerko

#9. Robin Ventura

#10. Tom Paciorek

frank is by far the greatest sox player in history, IMO. Position player? Robin was a pretty complete player.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
#1. Frank Thomas

#2. Harold Baines

#3. Carlton Fisk

#4. Chet Lemon

#5. Tim Raines

#6. Lance Johnson

#7. Ozzie Guillen

#8. Paul Konerko

#9. Robin Ventura

#10. Tom Paciorek

Lemon and Paciorek? Are you counting his "Whimpy-isms" as an announcer in that ranking? I might even take Karkovice over Paciorek. Claudell Washington?

I'd put Ivan Calderon over some of those guys....and Raines was never that great with us, his base stealing days were over.

At least you didn't list Sax or Cory Snyder.

Well, I didn't believe it was possible.

Good job, Scott. And thanks for helping to bring Peavy to the SoxSide. Of course, we might end up cursing Linebrink twice if we're stuck with Peavy and Linebrink well into the future and neither performs up to expectations again.

From a psychological aspect with this team, I've found it's easier to just expect late inning bullpen failure, so now I don't get upset anymore, prefering to laugh and click off MLB GameDay as the ball is inevitably falling in safely or landing in the stands.

Edited by caulfield12