8/29 Thread - Sox vs Yankees - 12:05pm CDT on WGN

knightni

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
Jose is the man. He gets a pass forever because of 2005. But Nix is a joke, and so is Mitre. They are why I'm pissed.

The same Nix who was half of our offense the last few days?

Last time I checked, Nix didn't give up 4 runs in the second inning, it was Contreras. This team has MANY MANY more problems than Jayson Nix, who, by the way, has almost as good an OPS as Gordon Beckham (.797 to .781).

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
Thank you KW for giving us Colon, Contreras, Wise, Lillibridge, Pena, and Garcia this year. The easiest division to win in baseball and we're handcuffed with a pile of garbage players.

can we add alexi to that?

Don't forget LHP Willliams, Josh Fields, Jerry Owens, DeWayne Wise, Brian Anderson and Corky Miller.

It's amazing how many players we've run through this roster...but at least we seem to be set up well for next year.

The sting would be much, much worse had we not made the playoffs last year.

Jose is done and the run production sucks. S

o the next question is, who do you bring up when the roster expands? Charlotte's not too good this year, either. Hudson, Torres, Whisler? They aren't all gonna get there this year unless KW and Ozzie decide to really shake it up, and I can't see that happening.

This team has packed it in. Contreras career as White Sox has officially ended. Watching this team play defense this year has been bad for the eyes. I'm still going to watch, but i no longer have hope. If you can't win the close games, you can't come from behind to win, your defense sucks and your pen struggles- you don't deserve to win anything.

Whisler will never see any roster time...they should look at Hudson, Torres, Nunez and Santeliz, why not see what they have to work with in the bullpen, because they'll have to replace Dotel and still aren't sure what they have in Pena.

Flowers should be given some type of platoon time with AJ, and perhaps Fields and/or Viciedo. They should move Ramirez to 2B (or trade him), move Beckham to SS and find a 3B if they're not going to give the position to Fields or Viciedo.

CJ Retherford might get some playing time, but Shelby/Danks/Mitchell are a long ways from being ready for the majors.

Edited by caulfield12