Sox vs Twins 7:10CDT CSN Floyd vs Blackburn

jasonxctf

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
thome's so awesome

Honestly, they're all so awesome right now. It's impossible to single anyone out anymore. Actually, that's wrong. I single out Podsednik, who is the only guy worth a damn on the entire offense right now. He said a few games ago that they needed to come out with a little more intensity. Well it looks like at least he is trying to.

Nick Blackburn would only have 6 k's through 4 innings against us. He's been **** since the all-star break. He came into tonight's game with an 8.22 ERA. I don't know what else to say, but something has to be done. It's probably a combination of our advance scouts, Greg Walker, and the dinosaurs we have in the middle of this line-up.

5 runs in 4 games is unacceptable at any level in baseball. Something needs to be done before the end of the season, possibly before the end of this road trip.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 06:23 PM)
Honestly, they're all so awesome right now. It's impossible to single anyone out anymore. Actually, that's wrong. I single out Podsednik, who is the only guy worth a damn on the entire offense right now. He said a few games ago that they needed to come out with a little more intensity. Well it looks like at least he is trying to.

Jimmy has struck out 11 times in his last 25 at bats. In that time he's had 5 hits, 1 walk, and 3 RBI. In other words, this all-important road trip. I know he really wants a WS ring, but he picked a bad time to slump.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
Nick Blackburn would only have 6 k's through 4 innings against us. He's been **** since the all-star break. He came into tonight's game with an 8.22 ERA. I don't know what else to say, but something has to be done. It's probably a combination of our advance scouts, Greg Walker, and the dinosaurs we have in the middle of this line-up.

5 runs in 4 games is unacceptable at any level in baseball. Something needs to be done before the end of the season, possibly before the end of this road trip.

It'll get worse tomorrow. Some guy named Manship ? is pitching tomorrow. It'll be the game of his career.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
I don't think it would have been possible for Rios to have less of an impact on the team this year. Got to love Quentin not playing tonight due to his acquisition. Oh well, get this game over and pray.

What the hell has Quentin done to earn his playing time?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
the frustrating thing to me is that no one will be held accountable for this fiasco. no one.

I disagree.

I think this lineup will be drastically different next year. Just as KW said if the team played well with the addition of Rios that everyone could come back, the team playing like this the past several weeks could force everyone to be gone.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
i will be the first to state that gambling might have a lot more to do with this teams overall performance than anyone can ever imagine. and that will be the last thing i ever say about that.

Honestly, don't make an implication like that unless you have something material to back it up with.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
i will be the first to state that gambling might have a lot more to do with this teams overall performance than anyone can ever imagine. and that will be the last thing i ever say about that.

Of all the asinine things I have ever seen posted on this board, this might be #1. We're throwing games again? :lolhitting

Of all the asinine things I have ever seen posted on this board, this might be #1. We're throwing games again? :lolhitting

i just threw it out there as a possibility. that it distinctively is....

btw...just think you wasted your precious life reading asinine things. isnt that enough to tell you something about how meaningless all this really is? its just a game anymore.

fyi...gordon beckham is maybe going to be as good as scott fletcher was and GB is really the only thing to get excited about at the moment. this team is a mere image of other whitesox teams that never won jack but busted their asses day in and day out. if you couldnt see that then that just goes to show you how young alot of you really are.

Edited by whitesoxmanager