Sox at Twins September 1st game thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
No. Apparently moving from LF to RF is similar to moving from DH to SS.

I don't think we really want him in RF anyway. Hopefully the Sox are going to learn from their mistakes over the last few years and will beef up the defense over the offseason. If they pick up an above-average defensive RF with CQ staying in LF and Rios in CF our OF defense becomes a strength for us against most teams while we're on the road, which would be huge as far as increasing our chances of winning road games.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
No. Apparently moving from LF to RF is similar to moving from DH to SS.

haha seriously, if we are giving up, and it appears that we are .....i just hope we use september to really evaluate our guys...and I wouldn't mind evaluating a few guys at different positions (beckham at ss and maybe 2b) quentin in RF...I'd love to potentially see Alexei in the OF (left?) but that won't happen either

as i stated in another thread, I still would be willing to give Fields a shot to play 3b next year with Beckham potentially playing 2b. I certainly am not sold on Getz though I think he has value. I'm just saying i dont know that getz at 2b and Gordon at 3b is any better than Fields at 3b and Gordon at 2b

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
I love this idea. I want to see Johnny Danks hit Justin Morneau in the face with a 94mph fastball. Then I want the benches to empty with the Twins players kicking the majority of the Sox players' asses. Beckham, Rios, Floyd, Danks, Buehrle, and Thornton can stay out of it. And DJ Carrasco and Peavy too, if he's there. I'd say keep AJ out of the fray but he's our biggest weapon. The rest of them can fight to the death. And give Flowers some more steroids so he can go on a rampage, breaking his bat into shards and then stabbing Carlos Gomez with it about 47 times. And get Jim Ross to replace Hawk. Stoney and his teenage wife can head on back to Taco Bell for all I care. I hate this team.

I don't want to see anyone hit in the face with a baseball. You shouldn't either.

Well I got a laugh at the email the Sox sent me today:

September 1, 2009

POSTSEASON INVOICE DEADLINE

TOMORROW, SEPTEMBER 2

White Sox Fans,

If you haven't already done so, we wanted to remind you that tomorrow is the last day to purchase tickets for any potential postseason games. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE A PAYMENT ONLINE OR BY FAX, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE.

To make a payment, please log into "My White Sox Account" or fax your postseason invoice to 312-674-5140 or 312-674-5449. If you must submit your payment by fax, please remember to include both sides of the invoice so we have your intentions for 2010 on file.

How to Pay Online

Access My White Sox Account Manager

Enter your Account Number and Password where prompted.

In the Account Settings box, click the "View/Pay Invoices" link, and then follow the instructions.

The White Sox truly value you as a loyal season ticket holder. Thank you, and please know that your loyalty and passion for White Sox Baseball is greatly appreciated on every level of the organization.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
You must not have expected too much then :lol:

A pitcher in the minors that had 10 wins and pitched a perfect game while pitching in high altitudes isn't a pretty good return on a terrible pitcher that throws BP and gets paid $50M/year? Were you expecting Mauer and Morneau for Jose?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
I love this idea. I want to see Johnny Danks hit Justin Morneau in the face with a 94mph fastball. Then I want the benches to empty with the Twins players kicking the majority of the Sox players' asses. Beckham, Rios, Floyd, Danks, Buehrle, and Thornton can stay out of it. And DJ Carrasco and Peavy too, if he's there. I'd say keep AJ out of the fray but he's our biggest weapon. The rest of them can fight to the death. And give Flowers some more steroids so he can go on a rampage, breaking his bat into shards and then stabbing Carlos Gomez with it about 47 times. And get Jim Ross to replace Hawk. Stoney and his teenage wife can head on back to Taco Bell for all I care. I hate this team.

Oh Dear God. What a heinous act?! Definitely not for the weak at heart. Ken Harrelson, I hope you turn away from your television if you ever witness this.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Oh Dear God. What a heinous act?! Definitely not for the weak at heart. Ken Harrelson, I hope you turn away from your television if you ever witness this.

See? That's EXACTLY what I want.

*Danks hits Morneau with a pitch*

Business is about to pick up!

*Flowers stabbing Gomez in the stomach repeatedly with a broken bat*

Good God, Kang, somebody get in there and stop it! The man has children!

*AJ kicking the crap out of an already injured Kevin Slowey, and stomping all over his arm and elbow*

He's stomping a mudhole in 'em!

That would be my playoffs.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
It feels like I haven't mentioned it in awhile, so I figure I better get back at it.

Alex Rios has a .494 OPS since joining the White Sox (56 abs).

that is FOUR f***ING NINTY FOUR/

That is a line of .179 .190 .304

Yeah, you have a definite issue with him. You know, there are 6-7 other players failing consistently on our team. Perhaps you could pay more attention to them.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
Yeah, you have a definite issue with him. You know, there are 6-7 other players failing consistently on our team. Perhaps you could pay more attention to them.

Did you know that Alexi has a .383 Avg and 997 OPS against lefties? The more you know...