**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are CLEARLY the two best teams in the American League, and anytime the CS has the two best teams, I think it's a good thing. Should be a great series, and although I don't really have a great deal of animosity for either side, I'd probably rather see the Angels win just because the panic that a Yankees loss would cause is something I could laugh at.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 08:34 AM)
I'm sure that is the reason but can starting the series on a Friday night after basically a week without baseball really be good for ratings?

I guarantee both teams are happy about it, they can set up their pitching rotations exactly as they wish.

Amazing to think that Texeira jilted the Angels and had a great year with the Yankees...

But that the Angels didn't really miss him...

Because Kendry Morales stepped up and almost matched Tex's production.

Morales finally delivering on the potential have talked about for so long was a huge factor in the Angels' success this year.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
Amazing to think that Texeira jilted the Angels and had a great year with the Yankees...

But that the Angels didn't really miss him...

Because Kendry Morales stepped up and almost matched Tex's production.

Morales finally delivering on the potential have talked about for so long was a huge factor in the Angels' success this year.

They were also able to sign/resign Abreu, Juan Rivera and Darren Oliver. Would they still have been able to sign Fuentes? Regardless, Tex turning them down was the best thing that ever happened to them.