2009 Fantasy Football VENT Thread

Brian

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
I can relate. I'm in 2 leagues, both of my teams lead their leagues in points scored and neither is in 1st place. In fact in a 10 team league one of them is in 9th f***ing place. Sometimes I think I should just give up on fantasy football. I have real sh*tty luck.

Sometimes I wish Yahoo would use the power league option. Where you would play every team every week and obtain wins and losses depending on how many points your team scores a week as opposed to other managers.

This however would eliminate the fun of smack talk and giving other managers crap like you would in individual matchups.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost this week because a defensive TD counts as points allowed for a defense for some stupid reason. The Steelers scored 28 points in the last minute to cost me my game. That Mendenhall fumble that the refs refused to call would have given me the game. Also, if the Steelers passed to Santonio Holmes instead of Heath Miller on that 3rd down I would have won since I had them on my team. What a screw job.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 12:19 PM)
Sometimes I wish Yahoo would use the power league option. Where you would play every team every week and obtain wins and losses depending on how many points your team scores a week as opposed to other managers.

This however would eliminate the fun of smack talk and giving other managers crap like you would in individual matchups.

Yahoo does have those leagues.

Between WRs and RBs, I have one must play player, Michael Turner, other than that it's a damn toss up as to who I should play. Burleson, Ward, Sims-Walker, Mason, Hightower, Betts, and Charles on my roster. they've all got 10-15 point potential, but chances are a few of them will under perform. I'm beginning to think a series of coin tosses will decide my line up best. Ugh.

Today's been real bad. In my money league for running backs I started Westbrook who got 4 points and still have Addai going. On my bench Reggie Bush got me 21 points, Jonathan Stewart got me 20 points, and Justin Forsett got me 20 points. I could've started all 3 of them since we have a Flex position, but my 3 wide receivers did pretty well this week. Bush and Stewart have given me a headache. They are terrible when I start them but are great when I bench them.

I'm an idiot for being such an easy going commissioner. Guy I was facing this week had his only kicker on bye and tried to pick one up on Friday but found out the waiver process already kicked in (the first game of the week already started with the Bears game). He complained that he didn't know so I allowed him to pick up Stover. I lost by 1 point last night.

Man, after Schaub put up 16-17 points int he first half I had some high hopes but then there offense kept stalling.

Had Kris Brown made that f***ing field goal I guess there was a slight chance he gets a passing TD in OT.

Still in a 4 way tie for the 7 and 8 spots and I 2nd most points in the league. Good thing I play the worst team this week.

First to clinch in Soxtalk btw :headbang

Not too pleased with the lack of TDs I'm getting though.