Whatcha get?

Rowand44

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
Is this Cam or Ed's cook book?

Oh MB...where have you been?

As for my Chrismukkah:

Hangover DVD

Banana Republic GC

Shirts/Sweaters

And now for the funny part:

A personalized Flipcam that doesn't work.

Drillbits, but no drill.

And my personal favorite: My wife ordered a wallet for me. It came wrapped, so she didn't open it. The packing slip said it was a wallet. I opened it and was it a wallet? Nope. It was 6 "Luau" multi-colored vodka glasses. Ummm...yeah, I think we will be keeping those and asking for the wallet as well.

All in all though, it was a great holiday.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
Not a whole lot this year, but had a very fun Christmas

Stephen King "Under the Dome"

Tom Petty 4 CD "Live Anthology"

"A Christmas Story" DVD

some pez and a bag of swedish fish

I bought that for my brother-in-law. It looks really good... And it's gonna keep you busy for awhile (unless you read at a lightening-fast pace).

I got:

Sons of Anarchy season 1 dvd set

$10 Subway gift card

Bears jacket (not really a football fan, tho)

$110 in cash

$80 in Kohl's gift cards which I used to get 4 polo shirts (one awesome rust-colored polo) and a pair of pants)

a long-sleeved shirt with a zipper that's not my style.

I ended up returning that long-sleeved zipper shirt and got another polo shirt instead. I feel like a horrible son, tho, cause mom got it for me and I feel real guilty returning it. Does anyone else feel guilty returning gifts? :(

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 12:56 AM)
I got:

Sons of Anarchy season 1 dvd set

$10 Subway gift card

Bears jacket (not really a football fan, tho)

$110 in cash

$80 in Kohl's gift cards which I used to get 4 polo shirts (one awesome rust-colored polo) and a pair of pants)

a long-sleeved shirt with a zipper that's not my style.

I ended up returning that long-sleeved zipper shirt and got another polo shirt instead. I feel like a horrible son, tho, cause mom got it for me and I feel real guilty returning it. Does anyone else feel guilty returning gifts? :(

I don't. I know I'd rather have someone return a gift I gave them if they weren't happy with it.

Sometimes you guess wrong when buying for someone, and that's why gift receipts were created.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
My wife ordered a wallet for me. It came wrapped, so she didn't open it. The packing slip said it was a wallet. I opened it and was it a wallet? Nope. It was 6 "Luau" multi-colored vodka glasses. Ummm...yeah, I think we will be keeping those and asking for the wallet as well.

I was wondering where those vodka rum glasses I ordered had disappeared to. . . :)

My Christmas got extended yesterday when we drove over to see my snowbird parents. They were going to come Christmas with us and then I went and got horribly sick (yea) and they thought better of it (Mom has a depressed immune system just off of a rough year of cancer treatment).

Anyway, my Mom was at a loss for what to get me this year and a couple of weeks ago I rattled off a few decent rums I'd been looking to add to the collection. I figured she'd pick up one of them and maybe get it right, but lo and behold, under the tree I found:

• Seawynde 92 proof Navy rum — a gorgeous blend of pot still Jamaican and Guyana rums that clearly smacks of Pusser's but also has a lot of its own character.

• Cruzan Single Barrel Estate — I've sipped this one here and there but never picked up my own bottle. Interesting light flavor notes and a nose that is really quite odd. 50/50 shot that this one will really grow on me.

• Matuzalem Gran Reserva — A Dominican rum I'd largely ignored until a shopkeeper gave me a free mini bottle to try that really impressed me. Not a huge depth of flavor, but nice caramel-chocolate notes give it more than enough complexity to be a fine sipper.

• Rhum Clement Shrub Creole. Martinique orange/rhum liqueur that I anticipate will sub very nicely for curacao in top-shelf (Appleton 12 year and Rhum St, James Royal Ambre) mai tais. Going to try one of these tonight.

• Last but not least, a bottle of my current favorite sipper — El Dorado 15 year Demerara!

Gof Bless Us. . . *hic!* . . . Everyone!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
"The State" Dvd set. Doesnt anyone on here actually know what that is? Because nobody in my family knew.

Did you put your butt in the puddin'?

Update on presents...company that sent vodka glasses instead of wallet is shipping out new wallet and told us to keep the glasses. Now THAT'S customer service.

Flipcam is printing and sending a new personalized MinoHD and return slip so I can return brok'd one.

No word on drill.

Edited by CanOfCorn

It was a smaller than usual christmas this year. Moved into a new place about a week before Xmas, got engaged in September so between the moving expenses and wedding expenses we went pretty light:

- Bears hat (the Cursive B one that Lovie wears)

- Matix Sweater (Badass)

- 50 Costco Cash Card

- Pair of work shoes

- Cash (from soon to be in law's)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 08:13 AM)
This years was kind of a bland Christmas present year... I think my family spent most of the money they would have spent on my wife and I on our 15 month old daughter. she got a ton.

I got:

A couple of DVDs (Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Rat Race)

Some khaki pants

A very large gift card to IKEA (not sure what I am doing with that just yet)

some other smaller items

I have Christmas with my wife's parents on New Years day, so more to come.

I had Christmas with my in-laws this past weekend. Got money from my wife's grandma (she's been too sick to shop), more khaki pants, a one year membership to the Museum of Science and Industry, and.... a Wii!