Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
To Vegas I go...see ya guys next week :)

Dont worry I will take care of things around here....my first thing on my agenda is pin multiple random threads than merge your quote about vegas into some other thread that has minimal relation to it.

Oh yeah, and talk about more of your personal penis issues.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
Dont worry I will take care of things around here....my first thing on my agenda is pin multiple random threads than merge your quote about vegas into some other thread that has minimal relation to it.

Oh yeah, and talk about more of your personal penis issues.

Not to mention, this thread sucks...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
So, some guy has been going on Chat Roulette and improvising songs about the people on the other end of the line, using a piano. I’m pretty sure that this is clearly Ben Folds. Are we all agreed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vpgNiAH60

Been hearing about this for a couple of days and finally got around to watching it. Good stuff.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
So, some guy has been going on Chat Roulette and improvising songs about the people on the other end of the line, using a piano. I’m pretty sure that this is clearly Ben Folds. Are we all agreed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vpgNiAH60

The first dude looked like he had other intentions.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
So my older brother posts a status about a church service on Facebook and apparently someone named "Javier Vazquez" likes it.

The post he liked? "That was an incredible performance by the pastor today. Except for that one ten minute period..."

QUOTE (CubsSuck1 @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
I was never aware of this obscure broadcast hijacking in Chicago back in 1987. Interesting, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=3NteOR...feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Headroom_...rusion_incident

thank you for entertaining me for 10 minutes kind sir.

I'd never heard of that either.

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
thank you for entertaining me for 10 minutes kind sir.

I'd never heard of that either.

I saw it when it happened.

My brother was a huge Dr. Who nerd and he called me into the room when the guy hacked the signal.

Of course, my comment was "finally, something interesting happened during Dr. Who".

:D

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
$275 drinking ticket at ISU this weekend. Normal police f***ing suck, I hate that place

Gotta hear what happened.

At SIU, a buddy got a public drunken citation when we were walking home from Pinch. It made no sense. We weren't driving or operating heaving machinery, just walking home.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
Does anyone know if there is a "do not forward" option on e-mail?

I was just thinking about this and I thought it would be a nice option so people dont accidentally forward private conversations.

My last job used Lotus Notes and their email system gave you that option.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
My last job used Lotus Notes and their email system gave you that option.

hmmm ok. I sent an e-mail this morning and I just KNOW the person I sent it to is going to either click "Reply to all" and add in the e-mail of the person I was talking about or click Forward (and forward to the person) and reply to the important people. He's done this before and it's largely because he's tech illiterate, but it's kind of a bad practice to forward an e-mail about someone you are talking about TO that person.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
hmmm ok. I sent an e-mail this morning and I just KNOW the person I sent it to is going to either click "Reply to all" and add in the e-mail of the person I was talking about or click Forward (and forward to the person) and reply to the important people. He's done this before and it's largely because he's tech illiterate, but it's kind of a bad practice to forward an e-mail about someone you are talking about TO that person.

OK, I have to ask... if you knew this person would do this... why did you send it to him/her at all?

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Gotta hear what happened.

At SIU, a buddy got a public drunken citation when we were walking home from Pinch. It made no sense. We weren't driving or operating heaving machinery, just walking home.

Basically, we left a party because my friend saw an undercover cop he knew there, so we piled into the car, 6 people for 5 spots. Cop pulls up next to us, starts laughing and pulls us over. The only person who didn't drink was the person driving the car, and we all admitted to drinking since we were gonna be breathalyzed anyway. Kinda sucks.

So I'm pretty sure I figured out that my two biggest pet peeves in the world deal with exclamation marks.

1) when people use exclamation marks in place of question marks (ie, When do I get to see you again!)

2) when people type out multiple sentences, and use an exclamation park at the end of every single sentence, whether they it is desired or not (Hey! I'm just chillin! I went to the bathroom this weekend and it hurt! But I'm ok! I'm going to go do some homework! Can't wait to see you!)

This post alone makes me want to punch my f***ing screen

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Basically, we left a party because my friend saw an undercover cop he knew there, so we piled into the car, 6 people for 5 spots. Cop pulls up next to us, starts laughing and pulls us over. The only person who didn't drink was the person driving the car, and we all admitted to drinking since we were gonna be breathalyzed anyway. Kinda sucks.

You got ticketed for public drunkenness, while riding in a car? Either there is something missing here, or you are underage, or the cop is an idiot and you should contest it in court.