Spring Semester '10

Yoda

I know there’s a few of us here that are working towards getting accredited with something meaningful and vigor (besides trying to top the post count here at Soxtalk ;) ) and doing so sometimes takes time and effort while attending undergraduate courses.

Today it was time to roll back into that routine and get set for what should be a semester with, oh who knows, a less than stressful four-months? :huh

Spring semester ’10 (BS of Science Electrical Engr. Tech)

• ECET 109 Digital Fundamentals
  • ECET 110 Computer System Architecture
  • ECET 265 Computer Networks
  • MA 115 Intermediate Algebra

QUOTE (Pods70Rowand33 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Will be graduating in May, and hopefully going to grad school in the fall. But here is what I got, probably one of my hardest semesters but it seems to be one of the more fun semesters:

Physical Chem II

Adv. Organic Chem

Differential Equations

Research

Seminar

Poetry

Hmm, which do you suppose will be more intense, Advanced Organic Chemistry or Poetry?

BADM 350 IT for Networked Systems

BADM 380 International Business

ACCY 202 Accounting 2

Fin 221 Intro to Finance

ECON 302 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory

RLST 110 World Religions

Really pumped for a few of these classes, such as my IT one (first one of my major) and the World Religions class (taught by different professors for each religion). I will probably be dropping atleast one class though as I just have too much other stuff going on at the same time.

Mathematics for Business/Social Sciences 161

Principles of Marketing 309

Acct Principles II 202

World Civil History Since 1312 (Liberal arts requirement)

Principles of Management

Information Literacy, graduation requirement

I probably could add another class but things are rather full at this point. I'm so ready to get back in the math mode and stuff. Too bad I can't retake Legal Environment of Business, that class was the s***. What with the adjunct professor who was a lawyer and learning about torts and stuff.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Mathematics for Business/Social Sciences 161

Principles of Marketing 309

Acct Principles II 202

World Civil History Since 1312 (Liberal arts requirement)

Principles of Management

Information Literacy, graduation requirement

I probably could add another class but things are rather full at this point. I'm so ready to get back in the math mode and stuff. Too bad I can't retake Legal Environment of Business, that class was the s***. What with the adjunct professor who was a lawyer and learning about torts and stuff.

I have an adjunct for mine who is a lawyer as well.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
I have an adjunct for mine who is a lawyer as well.

The material is challenging but if you have a good professor you should be able to learn quite a bit. My professor said that she taught our class much like a class in law school and thus a curve was needed. Where do you go to school? It's always helpful having someone who has worked in the industry teaching...

ITS 120 Info Tech Interaction

ITS 370 Data Communications and Networking

ITS 372 Systems Administration and Management

ITS 480 IT Project Development and Management

My schedule sucks. I have to go to school four days of the week, two of those days for just one class. Sometimes they make it hard to go to school full time and have a part time job.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
The material is challenging but if you have a good professor you should be able to learn quite a bit. My professor said that she taught our class much like a class in law school and thus a curve was needed. Where do you go to school? It's always helpful having someone who has worked in the industry teaching...

I'm at Aurora University now. I really like the Business school here as most if not all of the my professors were officers at major corporations before coming to teach later in life. Their experience is really worth a lot.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)
ITS 120 Info Tech Interaction

ITS 370 Data Communications and Networking

ITS 372 Systems Administration and Management

ITS 480 IT Project Development and Management

My schedule sucks. I have to go to school four days of the week, two of those days for just one class. Sometimes they make it hard to go to school full time and have a part time job.

I personally don’t mind going four days of the week and then having the weekend (incl. Friday) off. I have enough time in between classes where I can actually go over my notes and review whatever chapter is assigned. And even if I wanted to, I don’t think my advisor could have made something work when three out of my four classes have labs.

So far all of my professors have seemed very refreshing compared to last semester. I still have one class left (only 1 today) and then it’s the end of the horrible first-day of school introductions and syllabus hand-outs. :drink

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
I'm at Aurora University now. I really like the Business school here as most if not all of the my professors were officers at major corporations before coming to teach later in life. Their experience is really worth a lot.

Yeah, I have a few friends that go to Aurora University. They are both on the women's cross country team and like it there. I almost thought about going to finish a business degree there. Do they have a BA degree where you don't take Calculus? At my school all we have to do is take Statistics - thank god! But yeah, it definitely helps having professors who have been through work in their lifetimes to teach something.

CMLT C190 An Introduction To Film

ENG W131 Elementary Discussion I

MATH M115 Pre Calculus and Trigonometry

SPCH S121 Public Speaking Lecture

SPCH S121 Public Speaking Discussion

1st semester of college, after an awful year and a half of working. My Monday's are long, but the rest of the week is pretty easy (though I go M-Th)

BADM 425 - Production/Operations Management

ECON 421 - Econometrics

IdEA 310 - Introduction to Liberal Learning

ECON 441 - International Trade

ENGL 242 - American Lit II

Econometrics already feels like Business Stats II again and we've only had 2 classes. And the IdEA program - yeah, required by the university. Super.