Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
At the end of the day boys, there's a million women out there, so dont fret on just one that hurt you. Move on, odds are there is someone out there that wont f*** your world up . . . . For now anyway.

Post needed serious fixing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Wite, just find out what the business is before V-day. If it turns out there's nothing there, get the booz ready. There ain't nothin' like getting your heart stomped on right before V-day. Believe me, I know. Drink, drink, drink and drink some more on V-day. Throw in some pot if you need to.

That's a part of the plan too. If she wants to have a serious relationship, we can do cutesy s*** on Valentine's Day, and if she doesn't, I'm gonna have some fun.

I'm going to throw this out there just for another opinion. Maybe the guy she had a crush on rejected her. Every woman's natural instinct(at least that I dated) is always go back to what they're comfortable with if they feel any sense of rejection or fail. Every ex gf of mine wanted to be friends after we broke up, even if they broke up with me. And they would always try to talk to me as if we're best buddies if something was going on in their current relationship.

With that said, I'm very skeptical about your girl. Be careful wite. Ultimately, you're going to do what you want to do it and how you want to do it. I just don't want yourself to be put in a worse situation. And always remember, there's always a better girl out there than your last until you get married. Then you're not allowed to admit as such from what I've been told, lol.

In need of some advice. Finally told the girl I've been interested in pursuing a relationship with how I felt about her. She was speechless and proceeded to say "I need time to process this." What should my next move be? What the hell should I do?

Edited by soxman352000

QUOTE (soxman352000 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
In need of some advice. Finally told the girl I've been interested in pursuing a relationship with how I felt about her. She was speechless and proceeded to say "I need time to process this." What should my next move be? What the hell should I do?

Depends on how long have you known her. Have you been friendzoned already? Have your intentions been clear since the beginning? The best advice I could give is keep living your life and don't put all your hope in this one girl.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 01:44 AM)
Depends on how long have you known her. Have you been friendzoned already? Have your intentions been clear since the beginning? The best advice I could give is keep living your life and don't put all your hope in this one girl.

Hah, give him a chance to explain!

Move on. The processing time is to explain why she likes you as a friend.

Run the other way, why would she need to think about it?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
Run the other way, why would she need to think about it?

Because she might not make rash decisions, because she might be overwhelmed by the idea, because she might have just gotten some really bad personal news that you don't know about it.

You put it out there, wait a couple days and give her a call. See what happens. She might surprise you with a great answer. She might ignore you, but you won't know unless you follow up.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
Because she might not make rash decisions, because she might be overwhelmed by the idea, because she might have just gotten some really bad personal news that you don't know about it.

You put it out there, wait a couple days and give her a call. See what happens. She might surprise you with a great answer. She might ignore you, but you won't know unless you follow up.

Meh, anyone who has to think about it, never thought about it before which is a bad sign. Its not the movies, you either want in or not IMO.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
Meh, anyone who has to think about it, never thought about it before which is a bad sign. Its not the movies, you either want in or not IMO.

See, I tend to think it's the movies that make it seem like you make a decision right here, right now.

I mean, if this was totally sprung on me, I would need time to think. If you have a life and stuff going on in it you need to consider big stuff like that.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
See, I tend to think it's the movies that make it seem like you make a decision right here, right now.

I mean, if this was totally sprung on me, I would need time to think. If you have a life and stuff going on in it you need to consider big stuff like that.

+1

And where are my peeps that never take no for an answer?

It may seem ludicrous at first, but there is always time to convince a girl to change her way of thinking and come to realize that giving it a try won’t hurt unless the both of you aren’t in it together. Not everyone is the same and I see it as a card game where you play with the intention of winning. If you lose, try again, but after a while there should be a sign telling you whether you just had a bad hand or you were doomed from the beginning.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)

This.

It took my now-fiance a few days and some time to process my drunken advances (nothing lude!) as she was just coming out of another relationship.

The girl might also be incredibly shy, etc. My fiance was a bit intimidated by me when I first made my advances (thinking in her head that we'd never work). But I'd call the relationship we got ideal and she's always shocked how it ended up working out, haha.

And I should point out, I had known her for about a year and a half prior to making any advances as I was going out with another girl at the time and my current fiance was just a friend.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
The girl might also be incredibly shy, etc. My fiance was a bit intimidated by me when I first made my advances (thinking in her head that we'd never work). But I'd call the relationship we got ideal and she's always shocked how it ended up working out, haha.

And I should point out, I had known her for about a year and a half prior to making any advances as I was going out with another girl at the time and my current fiance was just a friend.

I agree.

The love at first sight thing may work when you're 17, but when real life happens, around the age of 25 or so, things tend to get a bit more complicated, with bills to pay, serious careers, parents putting pressure on you, etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with letting her process things. And she may even say no at first.

But if you talk to married couples, much like some people have already said here, the stories are quite often about a guy who kept pursuing a woman until he ultimately convinced her to marry him. And those are some of the strongest couples around.