Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Bren you're not alone. I believe in marriage. No need to try and convince those that aren't though. To each their own.

I'm not necessarily saying I don't "believe" in it.

I was just hoping to stimulate some thought-provoking discussion.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
I'm not necessarily saying I don't "believe" in it.

I was just hoping to stimulate some thought-provoking discussion.

Well, how's this for "thought-provoking" ...I just voted for the new free credit report band!! BAAHAHAHA ...I am bored out of my face and the commercial came on and I just couldn't resist! ....Also, I just got off of the phone with Chase and I'm officially in love with the Chicago White Sox. Great people behind the scenes.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
Bren you're not alone. I believe in marriage. No need to try and convince those that aren't though. To each their own.

Thank you ...I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs ..I was just putting mine out there!! No point in keeping them to myself ..I like to share! :)

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
Absolutely not. I love Chase with every fiber of my being, I would be with him as long as he was faithful to me and still treated me the way he does now. I was never saying you have to be married to be happy with someone ..I was just saying that if you really love that person I don't see why you wouldn't marry them. I would turn into a smurf for Chase ...smurfette is completely adorable!

There's a whole segment of the population that isn't allowed to but that's another story.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
On another note....how important is immediate physical attraction in a relationship, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being of the utmost importance.

Pretty important, in the sense that I kinda believe in, "Love at first sight doesn't exist, but lust at first sight does."

You're not going to make the move to initiate a conversation, etc. with a person you don't know unless you think they're attractive first, and upon first meeting them, I think at least least 80% is their physical appearance.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
On another note....how important is immediate physical attraction in a relationship, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being of the utmost importance.

I really don't see the point in being with someone if you don't find them attractive.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
I really don't see the point in being with someone if you don't find them attractive.

I don't mean that you are necessarily unattracted to them. But say they grow on you in that sense over the course of time...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
I don't mean that you are necessarily unattracted to them. But say they grow on you in that sense over the course of time...

I think you're really the only person that can answer that when you're talking about someone you want to date/marry or whatever.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
I won't be "coming back" in a few years ...I will still be here in a few years and you guys will see!

We'll see... Just in case Chase gets traded or something in the future, I'm bringing back this quote from ya.. ;)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)

10. If it makes me shallow, then whatever.

No one sees a person & says "Damn, she looks like she'd be interesting as hell to talk to!"

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
10. If it makes me shallow, then whatever.

No one sees a person & says "Damn, she looks like she'd be interesting as hell to talk to!"

Well, since everyone is out there dating supermodels, then I guess we all must have much, much different ideas about what is attractive....

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)

I believe in marriage, I just found the discussion interesting since I know people have their own views on it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)

Important. You can't just sit back and get set up with someone who is not attractive to you. Sex and physical attraction are apart of the relationship and if you don't have that, then how can you possibly expect to keep something going? Friendship and love is not enough, though I'm sure conservatives would disagree.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)

Speak for yourself. If I see a chick and she looks and has the style of Lady Gaga, I would want to know what in the hell possessed her to look like that.

I don't care how hot somebody is...if they are basically a POS of a human being...F 'em! Or if the woman that I love and am completely attracted to screws around on me...same thing. They've lost what physical attractiveness I saw in them from the start completely away... It is more than skin deep IMO...but it is somewhat important I think. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)

My opinion is that if you are immediately attracted to someone, there is something about that person you will always be attracted to. If it is something that grows on you, it will almost certainly dissipate over time.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)

I completely agree with you that the attractiveness of a girl can grow on you over the course of time, I feel that's absolutely true. But, at the same time, there has to be some basic level of attraction to start talking with her in the first place in my opinion. However, I know that my standard for such basic attraction from the start is kept relatively low, because I like to give as many girls a chance as I can. I won't lie and say i'm talking with huge or ugly girls, but you can't just be picky and eliminate a ton of girls from the start, because you might miss out on something (like a really good person who can grow on you in terms of looks).

Edited by whitesoxfan101