Freddy Garcia gets even cooler

Steve9347

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
I am sure this has made the rounds to the White Sox front office, and I gotta imagine they are livid. Not the fact that he is drunk but the fact that he is drunk at Soxfest where he is supposed to be representing the Sox in a positive image.

Maybe, but a lot of the players come down and drink with the fans. I think it's great.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
It makes sense with how quickly his career fell apart. Guys who don't take care of themselves don't usually make it as long.

Eh? He had a huge shoulder problem, it's not like he got overweight and his numbers suffered immensely. Until his year in Philly, he was a decent pitcher.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Who cares, its the offseason and he's enjoying it. He did a good job last season and he's not a major star where this would be a PR problem.

This guy was a fan favorite at Soxfest, hung out to talk with most fans, took the time to sign autographs outside the 'scheduled time'. I have no problem with him hanging out with Sox fans and being a little sauced up- it is the OFFseason. The dude is in great shape and appears ready to go.

Who cares if the guy gets tipsy every once in a while in the off season....

Detroits star player with $160mm salary get hammered before must win games...Freddie brings it in big games and was a big part of us getting to the promise land in 2005, I don't mind him as the 5th starter right now at all.