Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
I'm confused, I thought they changed the overtime rules so that a TD is an automatic win in OT and field goal allows the other team to get the ball for a posession?

No, Donovan.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Has icing the kicker ever worked?

Oh yeah. But it's also backfired where they miss the 1st after the TO and made the 2nd. Stats show that icing the kicker actually IMPROVES their probability of hitting the FG though.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
I'm confused, I thought they changed the overtime rules so that a TD is an automatic win in OT and field goal allows the other team to get the ball for a posession?

There's been proposals like that over the years, but nothing has changed yet.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
It is changed for the playoffs.

see attached:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5022064

If they change it for the playoffs, why wouldn't they change it for the regular season? I can understand hockey having 2 different sets of rules, but its not like its adding potentially hours to the game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
If they change it for the playoffs, why wouldn't they change it for the regular season? I can understand hockey having 2 different sets of rules, but its not like its adding potentially hours to the game.

If I recall correctly...the answer is that regular season rules changes and playoff rule changes require different procedures, specifically union approval in the regular season, and the Union wasn't ready to give up additional playing time in the regular season without additional pay with a lockout looming that will involve exactly taht issue.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Austin Collie's going to the hospital on a backboard. Appears to be moving his arms and legs.

I thought it was a hard but legal hit at first. Then the angle from the endzone clearly shows 42 for Philly hitting his helmet to the back of Collie's head. Appeared to be more of an accident than head hunting but it has to be a penalty.

Hopefully it's nothing long term.

I just love it when my brother's friend comes over. The guy is a total jinx. The Chiefs were crusing nicely up 10-0 in the red zone. He comes over and two plays later they have their first red zone turnover in almost 10 years. Now the Raiders are up 14-13. I counted the times he was over when I was home and the White Sox were playing. The Sox finished with something like a 6-19 or a 6-20 mark in the games he was there for. Honestly the guy is a jinx. It happened last year with some Utah Jazz games, my favorite basketball team. The guy just needs to LEAVE!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
I just love it when my brother's friend comes over. The guy is a total jinx. The Chiefs were crusing nicely up 10-0 in the red zone. He comes over and two plays later they have their first red zone turnover in almost 10 years. Now the Raiders are up 14-13. I counted the times he was over when I was home and the White Sox were playing. The Sox finished with something like a 6-19 or a 6-20 mark in the games he was there for. Honestly the guy is a jinx. It happened last year with some Utah Jazz games, my favorite basketball team. The guy just needs to LEAVE!

I think he should stay. In fact, invite him over every Sunday for Chiefs games. :P

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
Same goes for the Jazz. Just have this guy stay until the baseball season starts.

Haha not sure if you're a Bulls fan but if you are, for your sake hopefully it doesn't continue on with Boozer, Korver, and Brewer who were all on the Jazz last year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
I thought it was a hard but legal hit at first. Then the angle from the endzone clearly shows 42 for Philly hitting his helmet to the back of Collie's head. Appeared to be more of an accident than head hunting but it has to be a penalty.

Hopefully it's nothing long term.

That was not a penalty.

Nice offensive game for the Bears, oline, Cutler, Martz, our wide-outs, etc. Really happy with that performance and the Bears could easily have put up quite a few more points.

Game was closer than it should have but Buffalo has been playing pretty good of late.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
I'm not spelling his first name Suh attempted a field goal in the Detroit/NYJ game. He barely missed; hit the uprights. (Hanson was hurt earlier in the game).

It was a PAT, hilarious though. Welker also got a PAT attempt today, he made his though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm not spelling his first name Suh attempted a field goal in the Detroit/NYJ game. He barely missed; hit the uprights. (Hanson was hurt earlier in the game).

If it had been made, the Lions would have won.