Oney Resigns; Tweets cause Sox soap opera

Marty34

This kid is something else. Here's a wrap up:

Basically he rambles on again about getting disrespected because they didn't talk to him face to face about twitter like a man. Says the three geeks comment was directed at people he thinks talk to much when they shouldn't be talking. Makes it clear Rick Hahn, Scott Reifert, Dan Fabian are the three geeks. Says that he didn't get any special favors, nothing fed to him by the organization. That Buddy Bell thought he was an asset, and that was the reason why he was hired. It's not very nice by fans and others to say he was spoiled. He EARNED the respect in the minors and thats why they loved him. And wonders why the front office couldn't give him that same respect. Complaining about the website getting shut down, insinuated it was one man's doing, KW. Said Kenny lied to the papers last week about not having anything to do with shutting down the website. Said that it was ridiculous that they flipped out over twitter, names KW, Scott again. And lands a doozie on Rick Hahn saying he doesn't admit anything to people's faces, only talks behind peoples back. Says it contradictory that they want a reality show but his family can't have a website. His family might have their own reality show. Him and Ozzie Jr will have show on 670.

Says thats all his opinion. But to me it seems to me like he's saying stuff he dad can't say publicly. He's kind of revealing conversations his dad has with his family. Ozzie's vents and frustrations are becoming public knowledge.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)

Basically he rambles on again about getting disrespected because they didn't talk to him face to face about twitter like a man. Says the three geeks comment was directed at people he thinks talk to much when they shouldn't be talking. Makes it clear Rick Hahn, Scott Reifert, Dan Fabian are the three geeks. Says that he didn't get any special favors, nothing fed to him by the organization. That Buddy Bell thought he was an asset, and that was the reason why he was hired. It's not very nice by fans and others to say he was spoiled. He EARNED the respect in the minors and thats why they loved him. And wonders why the front office couldn't give him that same respect. Complaining about the website getting shut down, insinuated it was one man's doing, KW. Said Kenny lied to the papers last week about not having anything to do with shutting down the website. Said that it was ridiculous that they flipped out over twitter, names KW, Scott again. And lands a doozie on Rick Hahn saying he doesn't admit anything to people's faces, only talks behind peoples back. Says it contradictory that they want a reality show but his family can't have a website. His family might have their own reality show. Him and Ozzie Jr will have show on 670.

Says thats all his opinion. But to me it seems to me like he's saying stuff he dad can't say publicly. He's kind of revealing conversations his dad has with his family. Ozzie's vents and frustrations are becoming public knowledge.

What a spoiled brat.

But your last graf there is not only pure conjecture, I think its incredibly unlikely to be true. You think Ozzie is using Oney as a parrot? Your really think Ozzie is afraid to speak his mind? Seriously?

This is Oney being a little brat, plain and simple. And his conduct would have gotten him fired from nearly any other organization or company.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
It's not very nice by fans and others to say he was spoiled.

Awwww... sorry Oney. Grab a blanket and I'll read you a freakin' bedtime story.

Now you can go find out what it's like to have a real job.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)

So basically the kid could never hold a real job because he can't STFU about his employer, and he doesn't get why that could cause problems. Yep, he is a spoiled brat.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
What a spoiled brat.

But your last graf there is not only pure conjecture, I think its incredibly unlikely to be true. You think Ozzie is using Oney as a parrot? Your really think Ozzie is afraid to speak his mind? Seriously?

This is Oney being a little brat, plain and simple. And his conduct would have gotten him fired from nearly any other organization or company.

No. All I'm saying is Oney is probably spilling the beans on the true feelings of Ozzie. I think Oney was just relying Ozzie's vents & feelings about how he really feels about. Stuff that he tells his family about the organization. Not thinking that his son would go around blabbing to the world what he really feels. I think 'ol Oz probably cringed while he listened to that interview. Thats what I took out of it at least.

Edited by jamesdiego

Cowley with plenty of new stuff from Ozzie (these are all individual tweets and they keep on coming):

Oz just said he had a talk with Oney about going on the radio and he was not happy with him. Told Oney "it's over now."

Oz said Oney has to respect his job as manager, and the seat he sits in. "This is a temple.'' He said Oney might not be happy about that...

....but had to respect it. "I'm still his father.'' Oz had to talk to people like Rick Hahn, who had the Oney bus drive over them.

"I know for a fact that this will be the last time he talks about this.'' - Oz on Oney.

"I’m the last person that can tell people what to say. In the meanwhile, he put some people on the spot [today].'' Oz on Oney

“I told him that’s enough, don’t talk anymore, then all of a sudden this morning he was talking. ...

"That means when your father tells you to do something and you don’t do it you’re not respecting what I’m saying.'' Oz

"It hurt my feelings a little bit.’’

"But for now he has to respect where his daddy works, and to me this is a temple and this temple has to be respected.'' - Oz on Oney

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
No. All I'm saying is Oney is probably spilling the beans on the true feelings of Ozzie. I think Oney was just relying Ozzie's vents & feelings about how he really feels about. Stuff that he tells his family about the organization. Not thinking that his son would go around blabbing to the world what he really feels. I think 'ol Oz probably cringed while he listened to that interview. Thats what I took out of it at least.

And again, not only is that conjecture, but I find it incredibly unlikely. This is Oney, not Ozzie.

QUOTE (CubsSuck1 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
The sense of entitlement here is laughable. But there's a part of me that can't wait for the reality show to debut so we can sit back and watch the soap opera unfold.

laughable IS my favorite word ever, kudos for using it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
And again, not only is that conjecture, but I find it incredibly unlikely. This is Oney, not Ozzie.

Do you think that Oney as a low level employee, has had enough interaction with Hahn to come to the conclusion that he lies to his face. Or that KW lied about not being told anything about the website deal. Or that Rick Hahn, Scott Reifert, Dan Fabian are three geeks who never played a day a baseball in their life talking like they know more than others. He said he never talked with any of them, how would he come to those conclusions without hearing that from others? Yea, he could of heard that from people that he worked with in the office, or in the club house. Or, he could of possibly heard that at the dinner table from Ozzie. You don't think Ozzie talks trash about people he works for/with to his family? Everyone talks trash on their boss, so why is that incredibly unlikely? But usually our family members don't go blabbing our true feelings on the radio. I think it's a possibility, for sure.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
What is interesting in this story is how technology has changed how we complain about an employer. A couple beers after work, spouting off how your boss sucks was rarely a problem. Now, everyone has a bullhorn.

An excellent post. I think some people foolishly view those Facebook, Twitter accounts as an extension of their false view of freedom of speech. These accounts could be the most damning thing in seeking employment.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
Can this story die already? I want to read stories about the team, not the coach's son being a brat.

And props to Cowley for his award winning reporting on TwitterGate. Ugh. So tired of it.

Chicago media lives for this stuff.