MLB Network 30/30: Sox featured tonight

sf_soxfan

QUOTE (striker @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Here are some other previews (web)

Fox Sports has us #8 in all of the MLB:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Ted-Wil...dictions-032710

Orange County Register picks us for the division:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/baseball-...previewing.html

both those links not workin for me.

So, the top ten highlights that they made didn't have the Konerko Grand Slam in game 2 of the World Series, or the Pods walk-off. I think either one of those was a bit more important then Carlton Fisk hitting a home run in his debut.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
i never get tired of hearing the absolute disappointment in Chris Berman's voice when El Duque got Damon to strike out for the 3rd out with bases juiced.

For me, still one of the greatest moments in Sox history.

Don't forgot the Graffy error followed by the Iguchi home run.

he wasn't even TRYING to hold back his bias

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
So, the top ten highlights that they made didn't have the Konerko Grand Slam in game 2 of the World Series, or the Pods walk-off. I think either one of those was a bit more important then Carlton Fisk hitting a home run in his debut.

I think they wanted to get some older highlights so it didn't seem like the team has only existed since 2005.

Definitely felt the love from Plesac and Williams, who were genuinely behind at least a few reasons why this team is ready to compete. Naturally I am biased, but having watched several of the 30/30 shows, they seemed pretty bullish on our Sox:

--Dynamic starting 5 that should be among the best in the AL

--Pretty stocked bullpen with Putz and Thornton possessing closer stuff, although most likely unnecessary with a healthy Jenks

--a Balanced offense will make up for a seeming lack of power

Other highlights:

--Beckham's incredibly smooth 2 step dance in the footwork drill (gives the mancrush an uncomfortable new dimension?)

--Kotsay's sly behind the back catch, knowing the camera was on him

--Pierre's interview (he may be frustrating at times this year, but that certainly humanized him a bit for me)

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
I found a lot of the Prime 9 picks and the order strange, Fisk's debut over Buehrle's perfect game..........Oh well, it is a good show though.

Moment #2 was flat out wrong. It should have been Podsednik.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
I found a lot of the Prime 9 picks and the order strange, Fisk's debut over Buehrle's perfect game..........Oh well, it is a good show though.

I did not really agree with the order. 93 Bo was bigger than 83 as far as a moment goes but 83 team won by almost 20 games that was impressive and should have been noted.

I thought 2005 as a whole would have been a good moment the El Duque thing was big but they all should have been one great moment with either 83 or 93 replacing the El Duque one and then they should have been reordered. The Thomas HR thing was a little off and not a fan of the Banies HR but I think those were great player moments.

Glad they left off 1919.

I gotta say sometimes I forget how big a part of this organization Hawk Harrelson is.......I like that.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (bdt91680 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
I agree with you, AJ's drop 3rd strike was not the #2 moment in Sox history...having that as #2 is just pathetic.

I can see that whole game making the list though. When I look back at my fondest memories, that inning ranks pretty high up there.