Did the Sox score too many runs tonight?

Pants Rowland

It seems the White Sox have had trouble scoring runs after games in which they score a lot of runs. Opening Day they scored 6 runs and then only scored 6 runs total over the next two games. They scored 8 runs Monday and almost got no hit last night. Tonight they had a season high 11 runs and I am terrified about their next game. They seem to waste to many of their runs in one game rather than saving them up for close games where they could use them.

I have been watching baseball for a long time and my experience tells me this is obviously a trend we need to reverse. The Sox should have saved 9 of tonight's runs for future use.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
The real question will there ever be a whitesox game that that doesnt have a retarded new topic posted after it... :lolhitting

Mock and sneer all you want. Buehrle's opening day "Webgem" is the measuring stick for all other defensive plays in 2010 and this thread, AKA my "Threadgem", will be what all other threads will be compared to for the rest of the season. So, suck on that.

It happens to a lot of teams that after a major blowout, the next day put one or two max on the board.

It's superstitious talk more than anything.

We'll take the 11 runs whenever we can get 'em and deal with jinxes the next day.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
It seems the White Sox have had trouble scoring runs after games in which they score a lot of runs. Opening Day they scored 6 runs and then only scored 6 runs total over the next two games. They scored 8 runs Monday and almost got no hit last night. Tonight they had a season high 11 runs and I am terrified about their next game. They seem to waste to many of their runs in one game rather than saving them up for close games where they could use them.

I have been watching baseball for a long time and my experience tells me this is obviously a trend we need to reverse. The Sox should have saved 9 of tonight's runs for future use.

Since you have been watching baseball a long time you should be able to tell me how a team saves 9 runs from one game to another, other than from the inside of a Bacardi 151 bottle.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
Mock and sneer all you want. Buehrle's opening day "Webgem" is the measuring stick for all other defensive plays in 2010 a

On ESPN they have been judging other pitcher's good defensive plays on the Buehrlemeter, pretty sweet, hopefully they keep that up all year.

I was actually relieved to see the Sox score 11 runs today. It's always nice to know for sure how much they're capable of scoring in a game, because I was afraid for a second that the most runs this team can score in a game was about 6. Now we know they can be dominating if the right situations arise.

I love that this thread made it to 14, now 15 posts. I think it should be pinned for the entire season and we should continue to track the Sox offensive output after games they score over 5 runs. It is probably one of the most neglected sciences in all of baseball.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 07:43 AM)
I love that this thread made it to 14, now 15 posts. I think it should be pinned for the entire season and we should continue to track the Sox offensive output after games they score over 5 runs. It is probably one of the most neglected sciences in all of baseball.

You get an A for effort. But there will be no pinning. :D

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 07:43 AM)

It is random. There is no science to it. Each day is an independent occurrence.

i know what you mean. it always seems when the sox score a real nice amount of runs one game, theyre destined to get one-hit the next. i dont know if its coincidence or not but whatever.

P.S. i dont think you deserve to have people call you retarded over something thats more of a superstition than anything. I think youre entitled to an opinion and if people dont agree with it then they shouldnt bother to bash you in your own thread. It feels like if anyone has anything bad to say about their own team that they pay good money to see and support, theyre scolded to the point of no return. I think of it this way, if someone says something i dont agree with, I ignore it. Kind of like when you have an idiot little brother that says wacky kids stuff, youre not going to bash him until he stops, you're just going to let kids be kids.. Let pessimists be pessimists (not that im calling the topic starter one..)

Also i think the catch-all thread would be better if like in the political forums with the republican and democrat threads, there was a sort of a pessimistic ideas thread where any bit of badmouthing can go in, and the other fans that want to enjoy their clubs successes dont have to see it posted all over pale hose talk..

Edited by flippedoutpunk