HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!!!!! NEW COMISKEY RENOVATION PICS!!!!!

Cali

CLICK HERE

CLick on "Comiskey park" on the bottom

Oh my God if they actually did that, it would look f***in awesome, Man that looks sooooo f***in cool, all would be redeemed if the park looked like that one day. But I don't know if it will happen, we'll see.

I agree. These computer generated pics look much better than the sketches the site originally had. I know that everything that was white has already been painted black like these pics indicate. However, the only way this is going to happen is if JR finds someone willing to pay for it. You know JR isn't going to pay one thin dime out of his own pocket to fix the mess that he helped create. :mad:

if you guys look at that first pic you will see those white sheets right underneath the upperdeck canapy. those sheets were installed a week or two ago, so apparently the black canapy up top will be installed. that and the painted black steal in the outfield. I know they will be adding an entrance in left field. will it look like that? I don't know. the walkway down the first baseline and the added deck in right won't happen I'm assuming, but good ideas nontheless.

Originally posted by Molto

if you guys look at that first pic you will see those white sheets right underneath the upperdeck canapy.  those sheets were installed a week or two ago, so apparently the black canapy up top will be installed.  that and the painted black steal in the outfield.  I know they will be adding an entrance in left field. will it look like that? I don't know.  the walkway down the first baseline and the added deck in right won't happen I'm assuming, but good ideas nontheless.

The underside of the roof canopy has already been painted black. The HR porch in right WILL NOT happen this year cause JR couldn't get anyone to pay for it. The left field entrance likewise WILL NOT happen this year for the same reason. If you go by the park and take a quick look, the ped ramp in LF has already been painted gray and black..... JR wouldn't waste the money on paint if that ramp was going to be torn down anytime soon. :mad:

if I wasn't such a lazy ass I would drive the two blocks and take a closer look lol

I see the park everyday, but I never pay much attention to the development. all I know is that the upper deck canapy is gonna be lowered shortly and thye already set up the white panels, which look like tarp.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i was wondering that too.. the 80 years old thing.. now maybe they were talking about old comiskey? i dont know but from what i have seen thus far...(just this past sunday as matter of fact) the only thing that they have done is paint .... theres no homerun porch or anything like that.... just the blackish paint covering all the outfield scoreboard beams and such.... also under the overhang of the ud and on a few ramps......nothing major like that pic shows... are we so sure that this is what is to come or just someones dreams of a thing which would have been had the state sports athurity not picked up the tab on rebuilding comsikey a few years ago.......cause honestly i havent seen anything there outside of the painting which shows me that this will be up and how things look before march 2003.............mho though.......

n0ice!!!

I think if JR sells the naming rights to the stadium, he can pay for it. Remember last year when Comiskey was ALMOST Household Field. Then the Flub fans laughed at us for almost selling out, then they noticed that Wrigley is a corporate sponsor. BWHAHAHHA.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Remember last year when Comiskey was ALMOST Household Field. Then the Flub fans laughed at us for almost selling out, then they noticed that Wrigley is a corporate sponsor. BWHAHAHHA.

?

Ummm...the Wrigley family owned the Cubs for a LONG time...thus the name...

I think their will be one final year of renovation and during that time period the stadium rights will be sold. It will be like Home Depot's Comiskey Park or some crap like that.

I don't care if it gets the stadium looking real good so fans can stop whining about the stadium and just worry about the product on the field.

Not talking about the posters here, were obviously all die hards :metal

Originally posted by Spiff

why does it say it's 80 years old?

It was poorly worded. They meant that Old Comiskey park had been the home of the Sox for about 80 years (81). They said it was renovated to satisfy the expectations of todays sports fans. By renovated they are not talking about the current renovations, but the rebuilding of Comiskey Park (New Comiskey)that began in 89.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that if you sit in center field about half way up and abovenext to the new, uhh, "thing" (with the ivy), the view is hugely obstructed? This is a major downside of the recent renovations. Even though it is a small percentage of seats, I would HATE to site there, I wouldnt be able to handle it, but thats just me.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by baggio202

that 80 year thing was scarry...did they actually think they were renovating old comiskey:eek

maybe thats what it will look like in about 80 years??? lol

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

that 80 year thing was scarry...did they actually think they were renovating old comiskey:eek

the most plausible explanation i've heard yet.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

The way Bud Selig seems to be handling his job as the Comish, we might not be having major league baseball in the 2080s.