NBA playoffs thread

Dwyane Wade questions Bulls' loyalty towards their ex-players.

"I think the biggest question that you think about has to be loyalty," said Wade, a Richards grad who added he has been a Bulls fan for a long time. "I know one thing about Miami: It is a very loyal organization. I see what they do with their players when their players get done with the game of basketball … how loyal they are. I don't know about the Bulls."

"I see Michael Jordan is not there, Scottie Pippen is not there. … You know, these guys are not a part," Wade said. "Things like that. So that is probably one of the biggest things for me, because I am a very loyal person."

No word yet on whether or not Ex-Bulls John Paxson and Randy Brown agree with Wade that ex-Bulls aren't part of the organization.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottie Pippen has been a part of the bulls here and there. He did some commentary with them, he has made appearances. I think Scottie has been one of those guys that just enjoys after-basketball life and doesnt really want to be tied down to an actual job that the Bulls would want him to be in.

Wade is talkin out of his ass

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)

No word yet on whether or not Ex-Bulls John Paxson and Randy Brown agree with Wade that ex-Bulls aren't part of the organization.

LOL. Not to mention Bill Cartwright. Wade is obviously talking out his ass. If you don't want to come to Chicago, just say so. And his obsession with Michael Jordan is only trumped by Kobe's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:27 AM)

I think Wade will have that question interviewed when he talks to Bill Cartwright (who was a coach for us for a long time and eventually our head coach), John Paxson (GM), BJ Armstrong (former asst. GM who left to become an agent), Pete Myers, Bill Wennington (commentator), etc.

One thing JR is known for is the fact that he is very loyal to guys who were a part of his organizations for the most part. Sure, there are the occasional problem areas (i.e., Carlton Fisk) but I think Scottie and MJ both wanted to do different things more than anything. I think both would be welcome in with open arms.

Jordan owns his own team and Pippen pretty much dissapeared from the spotlight.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 26, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
And suddenly this series got very interesting again.

Pressure is ALL is on Boston for Game 6. And they've got a lot of injury problems right now, Rondo's clearly playing hurt, Davis had a bad concussion, and Wallace looked pretty tight with his back before he fouled out.

If Rondo can't get back to 100% I actually think we've got a real good opportunity to win games 6 and 7.

I feel sorry for Perkins though, those 2 technicals were absolite BS, but as a Magic fan safe to say I was pretty happy to see him go.

I would love for Boston teams to lose two playoff series after being up 3-0.

The Wade comments are very interesting. He's already talked to LeBron, so this is probably good news for us and might indicate that LeBron is leaning towards Chicago.

First, Wade probably tipped his hand that he has no interest in leaving Miami, what with touting them over the Bulls when you'd normally keep all options open, and second, he must have some sort of feeling that LeBron is leaning Chicago to make this garbage up.

If LeBron does his due-diligence, and if he actually realizes who John Paxson is, then this won't have any effect.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Are the Suns gonna cover tonight? 7.5 points.

I would think they will but Lakers might blow 'em out.

There's probably just as good of a chance of a blowout as there is the Suns putting a great game together. 2 wins on your home floor can be a momentum and confidence builder.

I hope he breaks his leg. This guy is the same one who can't stay loyal to his wife. And if LeBron joins him in Miami, is he calling LeBron disloyal? Please. He's being a little [expletive] about the whole thing. I understand he wants players to choose Miami, but there's no reason to trash your hometown. If you are, say something that is true. Say the FO is inept or idiotic. Saying the Bulls are disloyal is just flat out wrong. They're loyal to a fault. Hell, go ask Jay Williams how loyal we are.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ May 27, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
Wade's comments suggest that he really only cares about other superstars. Not including former superstars = not including former players. It's the average players who actually need the job post-basketball.

I don't know what he expects Jordan or Pippen to be doing. I'm sure they don't want to waste their time with jobs that tie them down all the time. They probably don't want to be coaching or anything like that. The bulls did bring Pippen back to end his career.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 27, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
I don't know what he expects Jordan or Pippen to be doing. I'm sure they don't want to waste their time with jobs that tie them down all the time. They probably don't want to be coaching or anything like that. The bulls did bring Pippen back to end his career.

Pip has been offered numerous jobs including assistant coach. He only wants one though and that's head coach. If he can't be that, he doesn't want to be tied to traveling.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 27, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
Pip has been offered numerous jobs including assistant coach. He only wants one though and that's head coach. If he can't be that, he doesn't want to be tied to traveling.

Exactly and neither side is wrong with what they've done. The Bulls don't need to hire him as head coach if they don't feel he's a fit and he has the right to not want to be an assistant coach.