HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

This is going to be a real quick series, me thinks. Vancouver remembers last year quite well, and so do the 'Hawks. And what I mean by that is, the 'Hawks think by just showing up, they will beat these guys like last year. Ain't gonna happen.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
This is going to be a real quick series, me thinks. Vancouver remembers last year quite well, and so do the 'Hawks. And what I mean by that is, the 'Hawks think by just showing up, they will beat these guys like last year. Ain't gonna happen.

I honestly don't think they have an ego after the post-olympic hockey they played this year. Something just isn't quite right on this team. I'm just not quite sure what it is. I know people will scream about what is going on in between the pipes, but the offense has gone the way of the White Sox. Something is amiss.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)

I think it was one game and the Hawks are going to come out and dominate tonight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
I think it was one game and the Hawks are going to come out and dominate tonight.

They seem to have a tendency to follow s***ty games like Saturday's with strong performances, and I think they'll do it again tonight.

If they lay down again tonight, I will officially panic.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 2, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
I like Bolland, but things just haven't been the same with the team since he came back. Not saying it's anything, but like SS alluded to, somethings off with them and it just makes you wonder.

Agree and I'm also a Bolland fan. I can't put my finger on it either...Bolland or the Oympics or what....but they have definitely lost something. Early this year they looked like one of the Detroit teams in their hey day. Crisp tape to tape passes, burying their shots to the goalies weak spots, winning the puck battles, entering the zone effectively, dominating defensively. It seems everything has gone down a notch or two. That's what's frustrating and why it's so hard to label it on one person or thing. Keith has been a different player the last month...pucks are constantly sliding off his stick..he's making bad decisions. Hossa....yes he scored after that 5 minute penalty, but find me anyone with skates that wouldn't have banged that home. he needs to start earning. Uggh...they all need to get it together...

I wish they had splits for Pre and Post Olympic, but they don't.

Shots against Pre Allstar - 24.4

Shots against Post Allstar - 27.1

Shots against Playoffs - 27.7

Shots against have increased as the year went on and the Shots taken has dropped. They averaged 34.1 shots in the regular season and the shot differential was at 9. Now they are averaging 31 shots and the differential is 3. Slumping offense and defense is a bad recipe for winning. They need to snap out of it tonight...we all saw what kind of dominating team they could be early in the season....

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 2, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
I like Bolland, but things just haven't been the same with the team since he came back. Not saying it's anything, but like SS alluded to, somethings off with them and it just makes you wonder.

Well one of his best friends died in a car accident not too long ago.

I'll go ahead and say it.

MAYBE a guy like Brian Bickell shouldn't be on a line with Toews and Kane. MAYBE we should park Buff in front of the net on that line, since Toewser does all the dirty work on the boards and Kane just floats around until he gets the puck anyway.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)
They seem to have a tendency to follow s***ty games like Saturday's with strong performances, and I think they'll do it again tonight.

If they lay down again tonight, I will officially panic.

They have lost the opening game of their last four playoffs series now. They are 2-1, with this one to be determined, in those series.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
I'll go ahead and say it.

MAYBE a guy like Brian Bickell shouldn't be on a line with Toews and Kane. MAYBE we should park Buff in front of the net on that line, since Toewser does all the dirty work on the boards and Kane just floats around until he gets the puck anyway.

Or maybe give Brouwer a chance. Brouwer was not too bad when lined with Kane and Toews. He can park around the net and protect the stars if needed be.