HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 5, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
The venom towards the NBA playoffs in this thread makes me laugh.

haha hockey by far has been far more exciting than the NBA the last 2 years in the playoffs but most wont agree with this as there are more basketball fans out there than hockey

#1 and #2 seeds in the EAST taken out in the first round CRAZY

BLACKHAWKS SCORE 1-0

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
I don't dislike the NBA because I like the NHL. I liked both leagues for a long time and co-existed easily. I dislike the NBA because it absolutely sucks.

Well in the NBA and NHL, you have 16 of 30 teams making the playoffs, so there is no difference in that sense. It's just that in the NHL playoffs, it's a lot more wide open and everybody has a chance to make noise, whereas in the NBA only a few select teams have a shot. That's not really my issue with the NBA though. My issue is the product stinks, and in addition to the product stinking, the product often looks borderline fixed due to awful officiating.

Laughable, there is as much talent in the NBA as there has been at any point in NBA history. There was a pretty big lull following the Jordan era but the talent and the style of play is terrific right now. And anyone who complains about NBA refs should also hate college basketball and HS basketball because refs at those levels are even worse. If you can't enjoy watching the Spurs, Suns, Jazz, Lakers, OKC, etc. play then you just don't like basketball.

Edit: Also not sure why this is such a topic in a hockey thread but the complaints about the NBA are for the most part ridiculous especially since most people love college basketball which is a vastly inferior product outside of the excitement of a one and done tournament (but more exciting doesn't' mean a better brand of basketball, it is just more dramatic).

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ May 5, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Foley giving it pretty good about the "wonderful Smith group" lol

That was a classic rant.

That late goal sucked. I thought I was going to get to breathe in the third period.