HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (G&T @ May 21, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
You may not know this about me, but everything I say will result in the opposite happening.

Which is why I am convinced that the Hawks will lose.

Takes a bow.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

As a lawyer, I am a little scared for my clients...if I ever get a real lawyer job.

Edited by G&T

I'm glad my daughter is at her aunt's house tonight - I would have woken her up for sure when Byfuglien scored that game-winner!

Niemi was great, as he has been regularly.

Oh, and I simply love Buff's "Captain Morgan" goal celebration!

:headbang

One more win to the Finals - I'm still a little bit in shock.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
"My client did not kill that man..."

"Sorry dude, I tried. Enjoy the 30 years behind bars"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
Even worse...

"He totally killed that guy!"

It's more like "I recommend expensive litigation!"

::1 month later::

"Well that didn't work."

I hate when people complain about the refs, but I think that some of the penalties we got were kinda suspect and the icing call right before they scored in the 3rd was iffy too. At least they got the kicked in goal right! Yes, I even hate myself for saying that. Anyway great win only 5 more wins until Lord Stanley's Cup!!! Let's wrap it up on Sunday!!!!!!

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
I'm glad my daughter is at her aunt's house tonight - I would have woken her up for sure when Byfuglien scored that game-winner!

Niemi was great, as he has been regularly.

Oh, and I simply love Buff's "Captain Morgan" goal celebration!

:headbang

One more win to the Finals - I'm still a little bit in shock.

One more to add to that sig of yours! :)

QUOTE (NIUSox @ May 21, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
I hate when people complain about the refs, but I think that some of the penalties we got were kinda suspect and the icing call right before they scored in the 3rd was iffy too.

Most people leave that for Canuck fans. ;)

I missed the overtime period (working out) but I'm glad one of my favorite Hawks scored it. BUFF!

Sat directly behing the Hawks bench tonight, and Mike Wilbon was in the seat in front of me. Awesome experience. Spent the entire intermission before OT discussing the game/series with Wilbon, great guy.

As for the game...incredible. Big Buf is the f***ing man, Toews played a really good overall game, and Niemi was fantastic.

Also, Dave Bolland = :headbang

QUOTE (bmags @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:39 AM)
Passes like Toews to sharpie is the exact reason why you don't complain about strictly goals for players (hossa). Not every goal in hockey is a breakaway.

I understand why people want to see more scoring from Hossa. I would, too, but he is doing a lot of things that end up helping the team. The way he can control the puck and make defenders exert energy and chase him around wears on the other team. It can also draw them out of position, which can lead to open ice for other guys and bring good scoring chances.

He's been really good at clearing the zone, and hasn't made many bad passes. These are valuable things he's doing.

Hossa is getting a few decent chances himself, but it seems like when he gets a chance in good scoring range he gets swarmed or the puck's at his feet most times. San Jose knows his reputation and they're checking him pretty tightly.

If anything, I love the fact that the team is getting the job done without 81 filling the net, because the Law Of Averages says he's going to get his eventually. He's still a weapon, and another weapon is a great thing to have.

Great game to win, I am so happy Anti is playing out of his mind... Hossa's play is why you can't look at a stat sheet and rip on a guy, he might not be getting a ton of results but he is playing so well, putting a ton of pressure on the Sharks.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 22, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
I understand why people want to see more scoring from Hossa. I would, too, but he is doing a lot of things that end up helping the team. The way he can control the puck and make defenders exert energy and chase him around wears on the other team. It can also draw them out of position, which can lead to open ice for other guys and bring good scoring chances.

He's been really good at clearing the zone, and hasn't made many bad passes. These are valuable things he's doing.

Hossa is getting a few decent chances himself, but it seems like when he gets a chance in good scoring range he gets swarmed or the puck's at his feet most times. San Jose knows his reputation and they're checking him pretty tightly.

If anything, I love the fact that the team is getting the job done without 81 filling the net, because the Law Of Averages says he's going to get his eventually. He's still a weapon, and another weapon is a great thing to have.

I guess I can say it doesn't matter since we are winning, and if we weren't I'd probably be "WHAT DID WE PAY FOR" but plays like 2 or 3 nights ago when a sharks defenseman lazily skated back to clear the puck behind his net and hossa beat him to it out of no where and it directly led to a goal...s*** like that is just fantastic.