HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
The only thing worse is the dumbasses trying to get the wave going at the Sox game yesterday. Really? The 70's called, they want their schtick back.

Sox game I was at last year, we had an epic wave going. It went 3-4 times around the stadium, with lower bowl and upper decks involved and synchronized. It was great.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
Sox game I was at last year, we had an epic wave going. It went 3-4 times around the stadium, with lower bowl and upper decks involved and synchronized. It was great.

Waves are never great. The only time I think they're acceptable is if it is at a college sporting event and it was started by the student section.

Am I the only one upset over the Jordan statue having hawks gear all over it? I mean I'm not a big hockey fan considering this is my first post in this thread, but that statue is basically sacred in my mind. Obviously I am probably going to get ripped on for posting it in this thread, but I still feel that way.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 29, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
Am I the only one upset over the Jordan statue having hawks gear all over it? I mean I'm not a big hockey fan considering this is my first post in this thread, but that statue is basically sacred in my mind. Obviously I am probably going to get ripped on for posting it in this thread, but I still feel that way.

No your not the only one, and it is actually getting mixed reviews by people not only in Chicago, but around the world (hell even people in Canada are mixed on it) and I'm not even just talking about basketball fans. Me three years ago, probably hates it as much as you do. It doesn't bother me as much now, even though I'm more of a basketball guy. I was actually gonna hold off my thoughts on it till your post. :D

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 29, 2010 -> 02:51 AM)
No your not the only one, and it is actually getting mixed reviews by people not only in Chicago, but around the world (hell even people in Canada are mixed on it) and I'm not even just talking about basketball fans. Me three years ago, probably hates it as much as you do. It doesn't bother me as much now, even though I'm more of a basketball guy. I was actually gonna hold off my thoughts on it till your post. :D

Yeah, I might even be fine with it if they made it a Jordan 23 Hawks jersey(sweater). But there is absolutely no reason to ever put a jersey that does not read Jordan on that. Jordans brought 6 rings to this city, Toews has brought the same amount I have.

Im a huge Hawks fan and I hate it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Any idea what time ticketbastard releases day of game tickets? I checked just now and there was nothing. Stubhub has SRO still for $255. The cheapest chair was $447.

I want to know who all these assholes are that are selling their STANLEY CUP FINALS tickets in the first place. Especially when you think you are getting 600 dollars for a 300 level seat. If thats you, you are a f***ing bastard who doesnt deserve to see the game or get the money.

Not sure if it is just me, but it doesn't feel like the media here realizes how big of a deal this is.

I'm a fair weather fan and am excited at the thought of a Chicago team winning a title.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 29, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Not sure if it is just me, but it doesn't feel like the media here realizes how big of a deal this is.

I'm a fair weather fan and am excited at the thought of a Chicago team winning a title.

I've actually thought they have done a fairly decent job. Probably more than I expected since hockey still isn't that wildly popular. Go Hawks!

Waves are never great. The only time I think they're acceptable is if it is at a college sporting event and it was started by the student section.

I'm with you. Leave the statue alone. Jordan was bigger than the entire hawks franchise even if they win ten straight cups. Irritating, yes, but I don't care that much.