HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

The Flyers are relentless. Their efforts make up for the less skill set against the hawks. Hawks have not dominated any game this stanley cup. They need to come up big on Friday or else we will be looking at an upset.

Great post.

You got to like the Flyers chances at home and ours at home. I am thinking this may be one of those traditional old school series where home ice means one goal throughout as it has in the first three games.

Key tonight was when we took the lead and they immediately tied it up. Sad that Philly stormed back so quickly.

I think we win in 7 with the home crowd happy each game.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pronger getting away with all this bulls*** is really starting to piss me off. They missed 2 cross-checks on Buff before they actually called Buff for a slash. He also blatantly tripped Sharp or Vertseeg, not sure which and no-call, and Hartnell's punch to the back of Versteeg's head was a brutal no-call.

And the Hawks really need to get it together in these 3rd periods. Outshot 15-4 in back to back games in the 3rd.

I'm not worried about this. That was a MAJOR kick in the balls way to lose and it sucks, but I still think the Hawks are ok. The thing that has separated these teams in this series is effort, and I think the Hawks will have their best effort level game on Friday. That is why I think it'll be 3-1 coming back to Chicago, but even if it isn't, the Hawks STILL have home ice. Nobody said this was going to be easy, other than the people who underestimated the Flyers.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
Damn you Jordan Hendry.

Well all this means is we win on Friday and take this in Chicago on Sunday.

There was nothing he could have done on that play. He was positioned perfectly.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)

On which play, the game winner? That was entirely on the bench, a terrible change. Second time the Hawks have given up a game winning goal in Philly on a bad change this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
On which play, the game winner? That was entirely on the bench, a terrible change. Second time the Hawks have given up a game winning goal in Philly on a bad change this year.

Ya, the change was horrible. But I think he's referring to Leino's rebound goal right after Kane's goal.

QUOTE (Drew @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
There's no good way to lose a game, but damn that sucked.

Hawks have a must-win on Friday. Play stronger on the puck, don't take stupid penalties. Two of their four goals came on the power play and the Hawks are not getting a fair shake from the officials. Totally blew a tripping call on Pronger, and Hartnell punched Versteeg in the back of the head and knocked his helmet off in front of a linesman. No call. Are they trying to give the Cup to the Flyers?

Hawks still control their own destiny, but they have to win game 4.

HAHA

Sorry there is no way Friday is a must win for the Blackhawks, its not even close. Friday is a must win for the Flyers and that is it. However Game 5 becomes a must win if they lose game 4.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
HAHA

Sorry there is no way Friday is a must win for the Blackhawks, its not even close. Friday is a must win for the Flyers and that is it. However Game 5 becomes a must win if they lose game 4.

I wouldn't say must-win, but it's pretty damn close. The Hawks haven't been playing all that well, despite being up 2-1. They certainly need a very good performance in game 4. Philly's got confidence now, especially in front of their home crowd. After winning both at home, you probably go in to Philly wanting to split the 2 and then try to finish it off in game 5 at home.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
Ya, the change was horrible. But I think he's referring to Leino's rebound goal right after Kane's goal.

Ahh I'm not even thinking about that one. Hawks were fortunate to even be tied after the 3rd if we're being honest.

As for game 4, it is and isn't a must win. The Hawks CERTAINLY can win this series if they lose game 4. But, if they want to remain the strong favorites, they have to take game 4. A 2-2 series coming back here is almost a coin flip, the Hawks would only be very modest favorites at that point.

I'm not worried about this. That was a MAJOR kick in the balls way to lose and it sucks, but I still think the Hawks are ok. The thing that has separated these teams in this series is effort, and I think the Hawks will have their best effort level game on Friday. That is why I think it'll be 3-1 coming back to Chicago, but even if it isn't, the Hawks STILL have home ice. Nobody said this was going to be easy, other than the people who underestimated the Flyers.

I think they are OK, too, even if they lose Game Four, which is a tossup. The Flyers were favoried tonight, Vegas line, which I guess always goes to the home team.

We have not looked like a heavy favorite in this series so far, no way.

I am a little surprised what happened after we took the one-goal lead. I thought we'd hold the lead a while at least.

I think any idea we are heavy favorites should be tossed by the wayside even by those fans who thought we'd breeze. All 3 games have been close and exciting. Truthfully, I don't think we are gonna win Game Four. If we do win Game Four, we'll wrap it up in Game Five in Chicago, bank that one.

Does everybody agree this series is evenly matched and up for grabs? I think that's pretty apparent unless the first three games have all been flukes.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)

You sure about that? I remember seeing him back into on his own goalie, then deflects the puck with his skate making Niemi make a better save than a shot off a stick could have, which the puck deflects out to be buried into the net.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
You sure about that? I remember seeing him back into on his own goalie, then deflects the puck with his skate making Niemi make a better save than a shot off a stick could have, which the puck deflects out to be buried into the net.

What could he possibly have done better? Sopel stayed up high on Giroux and as soon as Sopel pulls up, he launches one towards Asham who is charging the net. Hendry had good position on Asham and is backing in towards Niemi, but the pass was behind Hendry so when he turned to try and knock it out, it went off his skate. What could he have done in that situation? If he doesn't play it somehow, Asham puts one behind Niemi. And with Leino charging the net down the slot, it became a 2 on 1 in front and the only one who could have played the rebound for Brouwer who had to come back because of Sopel. Its not like Hendry intentionally deflected it towards Niemi. If Sopel or Brouwer get back, Leino doesn't get a wide open net on a rebound.

I dont like our chances if the Refs continue to let Pronger do whatever he wants without a penalty. I counted 5 different no-calls on obvious crosschecks last night and most of them were in front of a linesman or referee. If they continue to not call that, our rushes to the net will be ineffective when he is on the ice.

1. What a f***ing game.

2. Versus sucks balls

3. Since when is there a rule that says Chris Pronger cannot be called for cross-check penalties? Anytime Byfuglien steps in front of the net, he gets a stick into his back.

4. 4th line!! :headbang

5. I know the penalties have been favored towards Philly, but the Hawks still need to do a much better job on the power play. Philly is 4 for 10, while the Hawks are 0 for 6. Thats not gonna get it done.

6. I still think the Hawks are in the drivers seat in this series, but Friday is gonna be a big game. You do not wanna turn it into a best of 3.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)

It was Sharp's fault.

Let me throw some conspiracy theories out there.

Pronger should have spent a good amount of time in the box and there were three other elbows by other Flyers to the head of various Hawk players that were not called. I really think this is throwing the Hawks off of their game and the Buff line change may be a result of it and that will then have the Hawks making adjustments as a result of non-hockey activity. How the Flyers have gotten more PP's than the Hawks is an absolute joke.

I find it odd how Comcast owns Versus, NBC and the Flyers......

The Flyers made crisp passes and have controlled the series after the second period of game two. I think the physical style is now having an impact and I am curious to see where it goes from here. The Hawks defense was atrocious yesterday by the way.

Maybe the Flyers are better than I thought.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
Let me throw some conspiracy theories out there.

Pronger should have spent a good amount of time in the box and there were three other elbows by other Flyers to the head of various Hawk players that were not called. I really think this is throwing the Hawks off of their game and the Buff line change may be a result of it and that will then have the Hawks making adjustments as a result of non-hockey activity. How the Flyers have gotten more PP's than the Hawks is an absolute joke.

I find it odd how Comcast owns Versus, NBC and the Flyers......

The Flyers made crisp passes and have controlled the series after the second period of game two. I think the physical style is now having an impact and I am curious to see where it goes from here. The Hawks defense was atrocious yesterday by the way.

Maybe the Flyers are better than I thought.

The Flyers should have had at LEAST 3 more penalties last night. How they havent put Pronger in the box for a single crosscheck is a travesty.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
The Flyers should have had at LEAST 3 more penalties last night. How they havent put Pronger in the box for a single crosscheck is a travesty.

Pronger's crosschecks are so frequent that it's borderline drinking game material, but mysteriously not ONE has been seen by a referee.

Curious....

the Hawks still need to do a much better job on the power play. Philly is 4 for 10, while the Hawks are 0 for 6. Thats not gonna get it done.

Back in the old days, the Hawks were awful on the power play. Hope this isn't a revisiting of that. For you diehard Hawks fans, how have the Hawks been on the powerplay the last 10 years or so?

I'm no hockey fan, but it seems like the Flyers have heavily dominated the last 4 periods of the series. The score doesn't show it, but I bet shots on goal and the time the puck spends in the Hawk's half of the ice tells the story. It looks like the Flyers are on a power play all the time with the Hawks defending for their lives.

Help me out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
Back in the old days, the Hawks were awful on the power play. Hope this isn't a revisiting of that. For you diehard Hawks fans, how have the Hawks been on the powerplay the last 10 years or so?

Well, they were bad because the team had no talent. Flyers kill penalties well, but I'm not concerned that we'll go back to the days that Tyler Arnason was on our top power play line.