HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
all I can say is this officiating needs to really be investigated and it is making these games unwatchable

Usually in hockey games, penalties are rarely so one way. Hell, usually there are some makeup calls to even things up. Its not even close now. I watched a guy get call for a charge when the official had to watch through pronger clubbing a player to see the charge.

Well its a 5 on 3 now...time to make it happen.

Edited by southsideirish71

Toews looks like a scared little kid.

Hopefully home ice will cure what ails us, but this series is a total toss up.

Philly knows damn well it belongs in the finals. They pretty much ruled this game tonight.

I don't know if we will win this series.

You guys have to admit if this was a boxing match, right now the Flyers are ahead on points.

Can we keep home ice and kick their ass in Game Five?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
This made me laugh.

I counter with "the Flyers are the only team in the Eastern Conference with a temperature" or even "the Blackhawks are the hottest team in the Western Conference."

Congratulations, that's exactly what I was saying. They've won three series in a row—in the Finals you run up against the team that is firing on all cylinders.

I didn't get to watch the game - saw Kane was a -4. Head up his ass...? Was this as bad as the box score looked?

It was a lousy game.

Hawks shoulda flew back home after the singing of God Bless America. Hawks were overmatched tonight.

I don't like the way Philly is bullying the Hawks. Hopefully home ice will cure all. Philly is the agressor to this point.

They pass the puck and pepper the net. Until that late rally, we saw none of that from Chicago and still that late rally didn't matter as Philly took advantage of a muff and raced in for the crowd pleasing empty net goal to shove our momentum out the window.

Edited by greg775

Ya brutal game to watch though you have to admire the comeback by us. Boynton played instead of Hendry (figured that was gonna happen cause of the last game) and was a -1. Kane.. yikes. Sometimes the media can piss you off. They were really giving it to Hjammarsson on some bad breaks. I look for him to rebound the most for game 5 personally. I think this is going all the way to 7 games.

I actually didn't think the Hawks played overwhelmingly bad tonight. The problem was, the goals didn't come on strategical or even forecheck/cycle play failures, they simply came on defensemen boners, or in the case of goal #4, a weird deflection. Tonight was the first game in the series where I think what the Hawks did wrong is easily fixable, and I am unusually optimistic about how I think game #5 will go. Not a good one tonight though, but you could do worse than a best of 3 for the Stanley Cup with home ice. Have to look at it that way if you're the Hawks.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:18 AM)
Someone brought up an interesting stat. Every game 4 winner, since the lockout, has won the Stanley Cup. (Flyers just won game 4)

There have only been 4 Stanley Cup Final series since the lockout, so that doesn't bother me. The Hawks still have home ice. All the Flyers did is the same thing the Hawks did earlier in the series, and I think people (mainly, the Hawks) need to keep that in mind.