HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 01:23 AM)
Ya brutal game to watch though you have to admire the comeback by us. Boynton played instead of Hendry (figured that was gonna happen cause of the last game) and was a -1. Kane.. yikes. Sometimes the media can piss you off. They were really giving it to Hjammarsson on some bad breaks. I look for him to rebound the most for game 5 personally. I think this is going all the way to 7 games.

Usually that is a good sign for this team. Come home, take care of business, then move on.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
The stat that concerns me more is that the Hawks haven't won a game in Philadelphia since 1996.

Just win game 5, and that stat is meaningless. In such a scenario, you take a shot at ending that in game 6, and if not, you have game 7 back at a site where you're 3-0 in the series (although you want to avoid game 7 if at all possible in this scenario as well.) Game 5 is obviously as close to a must win as you'll get though in a non elimination game, so the Hawks have to come out and get things done.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
worse nobody played even ok tonight and the remarkable thing is they were 2 inches away from tying it with 30 seconds left

Disagree, we completely dominated the game last night and they got a few bulls*** goals and a a gift pp.

I hate to say it, but right now Kane is a liability on the first line. It seems that whenever he is on the ice the Philly rush comes. When Kane is on defense he just kind of skates around and hopes that a puck finds him. The 3rd period they switched the lines up and looked much better.

I feel that right now you have to take advantage of Hossa, because Philly being physical plays into his strengths (as opposed to Kane). A line of Hossa, Toews, Kopecky, with Kane moving to the 2nd line could do the trick. I swear that Philly is just waiting for Kane to be on the ice and then try and go on the offensive. He just doesnt seem to have any desire to play defense and you cant have that in the Finals.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
The officiating the last two games has been inexcusable.

Comcast owns the network and the Flyers, that's all you need to know.

The officials didn't need to work as hard as they did in game 3 to give the game to the Flyers, the Hawks' first period was brutal.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
I'd imagine the Blackhawks store on Michigan ave. would be a pretty good place to start.

Be prepared to pay about $400 if you want a new one numbered. The prices on them are ridiculous but the replica jerseys have really gone down in quality since Reebok has been making them.

If you're satisfied with an older, used jersey, sometimes eBay has some good ones. You have to know what to look for, though.

Embroidery quality and detailing are quick giveaways—fabric weight without picking it up and feeling it is hard to gauge. Flimsy fabric with sheen to it means a replica or knock-off. Authentic patches will have chenille on tackle twill. On the newer models, replica patches are silk-screened on tackle twill.

QUOTE (Drew @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Be prepared to pay about $400 if you want a new one numbered. The prices on them are ridiculous but the replica jerseys have really gone down in quality since Reebok has been making them.

If you're satisfied with an older, used jersey, sometimes eBay has some good ones. You have to know what to look for, though.

Embroidery quality and detailing are quick giveaways—fabric weight without picking it up and feeling it is hard to gauge. Flimsy fabric with sheen to it means a replica or knock-off. Authentic patches will have chenille on tackle twill. On the newer models, replica patches are silk-screened on tackle twill.

i have a blank replica and it's horrible.

The Hawk head is giant and flimsy, and the shoulder patches just look HORRIBLE.

I have a kids size one from when I was little and that replica is fine, so I completely agree, the way reebok does the replica's are just brutal.

Maybe I'll try and find an old non reebok replica

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
Disagree, we completely dominated the game last night and they got a few bulls*** goals and a a gift pp.

I wouldn't go this far. I did think the Hawks played a good game though as a team. Just a few individual mistakes on the goals, but the Hawks certainly could have had a better result had they had more luck.

Are you serious? How do you figure?

Now my question. Do you guys think home ice will immediately make the Hawks wake up and we'll win easily in Game Five?

Or do you sense Philly will continue its manhandling of the Hawks?

How confident are you in a W in Game Five.

Is it automatic victory cause it's in Chicago? Is it gonna be a tossup? Or has Philly caught us?

Im not sure how you can say Philly manhandled the Hawks the last 2 games.

1 went to over time, and yesterdays game the Hawks had a few key defensive letdowns that lead to their demise.

Philly went 10 minutes between shots at one point in the first, the problem was, both of those shots went into the goal.

The Blackhawks out shot them and had less turn overs.

The key stat of yesterdays game:

Penalty time.

Philly had 14 minutes of power play to Hawks 8.

Thats almost 3/4 of a period the Flyers were on a power play.

As for game 5, who knows. I think the Hawks are a better team, but they need to change somethings up for tomorrows game. They cant let Philly attack them when Kane is on the ice. They need to change that.

As for game 5, who knows. I think the Hawks are a better team, but they need to change somethings up for tomorrows game. They cant let Philly attack them when Kane is on the ice. They need to change that.

Great post. I just thought the word you used applied. I thought Philly was on the attack more than the Hawks in all four games.

That's scary you think Game five is an unknown. I was hoping home ice would mean an automatic win.

Youd hope that the Hawks get the calls at home and if they have even power play time, I like the Hawks chances. Most of the series the Hawks have had more penalty minutes, even though the Flyers play an equally aggressive style.

And its not that Philly is on the attack more, its just the Hawks have a weakness on defense on their first line that other teams have not attacked like Philly. Its the reason why Toews line seems entirely ineffective because id guess they have spent the majority of their time on defense.

Kane was a -4 last game. Its not a coincidence. Philly has found something, the Hawks need to adjust. In my opinion they are the better team, but you cant just keep running the same lines out if the other team has something working.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 11:49 PM)
Youd hope that the Hawks get the calls at home and if they have even power play time, I like the Hawks chances. Most of the series the Hawks have had more penalty minutes, even though the Flyers play an equally aggressive style.

And its not that Philly is on the attack more, its just the Hawks have a weakness on defense on their first line that other teams have not attacked like Philly. Its the reason why Toews line seems entirely ineffective because id guess they have spent the majority of their time on defense.

Kane was a -4 last game. Its not a coincidence. Philly has found something, the Hawks need to adjust. In my opinion they are the better team, but you cant just keep running the same lines out if the other team has something working.

Its a lot harder than it sounds when you have the first change, and the refs are allowing super late changes before dropping the puck.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
No reason to panic. Series doesn't start until the home team loses. Lose tonight, however....

Been a great series thus far.

I don't claim to be the biggest hockey fan there is, but from what my eyes have shown me, Phili is the first team in the playoffs to be able to challenge us from just walking into our offensive zone AND be able to skate with us enough to attack on their end offensively.

Nashville challenged us when entering our offensive zone, but couldn't counter as well because of a lack of speed...Vancouver and San Jose let us just waltz right into our offensive zone. Phili has managed to do both, which is my it seems they have given us all we want and more...

Hossa needs to be on the top line I think. He creates a lot more scoring chances but no one on that line can finish the play. Of course, Buff has to get in front of the damn net and park himself. He is basically everywhere but the net.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
Hossa needs to be on the top line I think. He creates a lot more scoring chances but no one on that line can finish the play. Of course, Buff has to get in front of the damn net and park himself. He is basically everywhere but the net.

Hasn't Pronger made it a bit more difficult for him to do so?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
Hasn't Pronger made it a bit more difficult for him to do so?

Exactly, but Buff has like 30 pounds on him. He can't let that happen. Easier said than done I guess.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
Exactly, but Buff has like 30 pounds on him. He can't let that happen. Easier said than done I guess.

No, you're right...apparently we need to try harder to accomplish a lot of the things that are keys for us.

Byfuglien needs to be a healthy scratch tonight. In four games he has been completely ineffective against Pronger, who he should be able to pound on because he's got 40 pounds on him.

The main thing is that Comcast owns Versus, is negotiating a deal to buy NBC, and also owns the Flyers. I think that's all you need to know about the lopsided officiating and why Pronger has any fewer than 30 PIM in the Finals, why Hartnell didn't get called for leg-whipping Versteeg in Game 3 and punching him in the back of the head in front of the linesman (Steeger's helmet came off, for God's sake), and the Hawks getting a bench warning for Madden questioning a call early in Game 4.

There is relaxing the calls on slot play to let the teams fight it out, but that argument only works if the calls are being equally enforced, which they're not. The calls in the last two games without question favored the Flyers, and as the games go on it is only getting more obvious.