AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
Rios is an entirely different player from the guy we saw last year. Nice ending and good to see a Garcia's quality start wasn't wasted.

The guy you saw last year, is not the guy he has been his entire career. Last year was a fluke. Rios will be a good player for us. Kenny did a good job picking him up for nothing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Regardless of what Ozzie said in January, home runs are better than stolen bases.

The only proof we need is Pierre leads the team in SB, and Paulie leads in HR.

Which one has been more valuable?

I really hope Gordon is just suffering from playing in cold weather though.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
This will go almost entirely unnoticed and unmentioned, but Rios' swing was changed entirely by Greg Walker.

Then...?

I think Rios was a pretty good player at times before he got here...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
This will go almost entirely unnoticed and unmentioned, but Rios' swing was changed entirely by Greg Walker.

Bullcrap. Everyone knows Greg Walker only throws puppies and tells players to hit them until their spirit breaks down.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Then...?

I think Rios was a pretty good player at times before he got here...

Yea I think an article mentioned they gave him a tape of 07' or something like that to drop his hands down. IMO though, it's more or less Alex has stopped pressing. Looked like he tried to carry the team last year and wound up hurting us.

Fun win. I have one suggestion for the White Sox--how about just not allowing reaching over the rail under ANY circumstance. Obvious foul ball, slow rollers to the rail...anything. That fan could have meant a loss. Just let the security people down the lines get them and hand them to a kid.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Fun win. I have one suggestion for the White Sox--how about just not allowing reaching over the rail under ANY circumstance. Obvious foul ball, slow rollers to the rail...anything. That fan could have meant a loss. Just let the security people down the lines get them and hand them to a kid.

I agree that fans should never interfere with a ball in play, but that fan didn't cost the Sox anything and almost cost the M's a run had the umpire not made the correct call and allowed Wilson to score on that play. Wilson was already at third base by the time that ball was touched by the fan.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man