Summer Employment

The Beast

I am returning home for the summer and while I did my research and applied for ten summer jobs, I was unable to get any calls back in regards to jobs. I have two interviews with jobs at Bed Bath and Beyond and Finish Line but I was curious if any of you have heard of any places hiring in Lisle, Downers Grove, Hinsdale, Naperville, Westmont or Woodridge. I am looking just to make some cash this summer and could just be looking for part-time employment to work nights and weekends throughout the week. I appreciate any suggestions, so far I have tried CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, a few restaurants, Jewel, TCF Bank, Family Video, Finish line, Mongolian Barbeque, and Barnes and Noble.

I worked crap jobs that paid good money over summer break while in college. Frito Lay in Carol Stream unloading trucks from 2 AM till 12 PM.

The summer zipped by, but I had a good chunk of change to waste at Sidetracks by the time I hit carbondale

You posted Downer's Grove, so I assume Lombard works. I saw a sign at Famous Liquors (nice liquor store, not some dump that gets robbed) looking for part-time nights/weekends cashiers/stockers just yesterday.

Famous Liquors

105 East Roosevelt Road, Lombard, IL‎

(630) 629-3330‎

Edited by Steve9347

Apply to the Dupage County Forest Preserve. I worked there as a seasonal employee during a summer when I was 20. At the time it paid 8.50/hour (in 2005), probably pays more now. They typically hire about 15 college kids a summer. You always get 40 hours a week and rotate between 3 shifts, 5:30 AM-1:30 AM, 8AM-4PM, 11AM-7PM. You do a lot of landscaping, work at the boat and canoe rentals, and sometimes just clean up random crap in the forests. Its not bad.

The head of the west sector head was Justin Fredericks when I was there. I suggest going to the headquarters to get an application. Its located 3S580 Naperville Rd., Wheaton, IL 60189-8761

I worked for the Morton Arboretum last summer and that was the best job ever. The only problem was that they couldn't afford to keep me on staff this year, so I might really enjoy working outside again this summer. Those hours might work, if they allow me to take the two courses I was planning on taking at the community college in the morning. Thanks for the idea.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
I was considering UPS, does anyone know of the closest center to Downers Grove? I'll check the movie theaters and stuff again too.

There used to be one on 63rd between Fairview and Cass...it was right acroos the street from a 9 hole golf course...Green Meadows?