2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think the riots in Montreal are usually crazier than that.

So if Luongo sucks and gets pulled, do fans in Vancouver forever banish him? He was the goalie for an Olympic champion, who won the gold in Vancouver. (Although he did very little to do with that win) But he has been directly responsible for several great teams not winning the Cup. I don't know if that contract is very moveable either way.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
Except Green Bay has around 200k people and the greater Vancouver area has 2 million.

Vancouver is a really, really nice place.

Their hockey team is full of d-bags though.

Deafening boos. Beer cup hits the ice in the shot where Bettman is standing announcing Conn Smythe winner. Thankfully Vancouver fans will take care of burning their city to the ground.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Deafening boos. Beer cup hits the ice in the shot where Bettman is standing announcing Conn Smythe winner. Thankfully Vancouver fans will take care of burning their city to the ground.

Bettman is hated in Canada he is going to get booed. They are cheering the Boston players.

This was a great night for four reasons:

1) Canucks players and fans denied in their building. Wear it.

2) Me watching a Cup celebration and not having to wonder "I wonder what that feels like when it's your team" like I've been doing since I was about 4. It's a weird feeling.

3) Helluva career, Recchi. Class act, loved watching you play all these years.

4) Tim Thomas...you should have won the Cup and let the rest of the team share the Conn Smythe. All-time playoff performance.

This was a s***ty night for one reason:

1) f***, no more hockey games to watch. Best 8 weeks of the year are over. Now what?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
1) f***, no more hockey games to watch. Best 8 weeks of the year are over. Now what?

Watch the Sox race into first in August only to blow it in September.

Out of everyone, I feel like you have more important things to do now a days anyways.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Picking the Bruins to beat San Jose in the final. (Although I can see Montreal knocking Boston out in the 1st round.)

I should have taken this prediction to Vegas.

The Canucks fans in the arena were very respectable, booing Bettman, but cheering on all of the Bruins. The fans on the street? Wow. There is already a car deeply engulfed in flames outside the stadium. Crazy bastards.