AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:11 AM)
Here come the Sox, the mighty White Sox.

I shoud eat crow more often.

This streak started after I started a thread saying it wasn't over and that we could still do this. That day we got killed and I gave up hope.

Since then - wow - just wow!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
I shoud eat crow more often.

This streak started after I started a thread saying it wasn't over and that we could still do this. That day we got killed and I gave up hope.

Since then - wow - just wow!

Yea and I called you the man until I saw that give up post but I wasn't sure if you were serious.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Gentlemen, as long as we handle the Cubs, first place by Sunday is a reality.

I think the Tigers take over 1st tomorrow.

Then Verlander pitches Sunday against Hanson. I'll take Braves at home in that one.

My guess is a sweep will put us in a tie with Detroit on Sunday night.

August 4th, 2005 White Sox 70-37, up 14

August 17th, 2005 White Sox 74-44, up 11 games (CLE 54-56)

September 19th, 2005 White Sox 90-59, up 2 1/2 games (CLE 88-62)

This was the famous Crede/Riske point in history. Cleveland had gone 24-6 while the White Sox stayed afloat at 16-15 (with a lot of help from Contreras and McCarthy, we lost two in a row to DET, we somehow lost a huge lead to the Royals)...the lead got all the way down to 1 1/2, then we took off again that final week, with the key moment (#2) of the season being Grady Sizemore's ball lost in the sun against the Royals that second to last Sunday.

What's amazing is that Cleveland run required over one full month to make up 8 1/2 games.

We've done it in seemingly half that time. The scheduling gods look on us with favor this year, yes, the 2nd half gets tough again...but the opponents (NL East), where we've been able to play them (the Braves are now something like 25-7 at home), the Cubs sucking, the Brewers deciding to show up to play the Twins...I just hope we haven't peaked too early, haha!

We're still missing the LH hitter/DH, a really good leadoff hitter, we don't know what Beckham will do going forward and Williams sucks, but I am starting to like our chances. We definitely have all the momentum in the world behind us for the time being, (fingers crossed).

At the very least, this compares favorably with the end of the 2008 season, Buehrle's no-no's, Beckham's 2009 season, Thome's 500th, Konerko/Dye hitting 300 HR mark in the same game, etc.

Baseball is one crazy, great game.

I'd never have thought the Sox would wake up and win 10 in a row.

Never thought the Twins would play so bad against NL teams for an extended stretch.

Love this game. Keep the winning, going!

Special kudos today to ...

CQ: Wow.

Beckham

Pierre and Rios: getting us off to quick start.

Peavy: Dominant. Gutty.

Zambrano: For having absolutely nothing on his pitches and imploding. That was entertaining to see how everybody reacted to it, including announcers on both teams.