Thome to go into HOF as a White Sox?

So, I really doubt this is true, I mean, I SERIOUSLY doubt it, but I was just told by my brothers friend that Thome was TOLD he would be inducted as a White Sox player in the HOF. The person who told me said he found out because his mom owns one of the Bulls-Sox academies in NW Indiana, and I guess Thome was there to sign stuff and open the building. This was last fall, even though he is no longer on the Sox, he said he has a contract or w/e with the Bulls/Sox academy to make appearances or sign things.

Anyway, he apparently told her that he was told he would be inducted into the HOF as a member of the White Sox. This seems completely illogical due to him playing for Cleveland for something like 12 years, and only with us for 4 years. However, I figured I would pass this info along in case 6-7 years from now I can show everyone how I had insider info all along. :)

Won't happen. MLB has pretty much gone the way of making sure the guys go into the hall with the teams they are most known for playing with and we all know for Thome, that is the Indians.

And there is no way that MLB has told Jimmy at this point (years away from being in the HOF) what hat he'll be wearing.

being the year 2010 I would have expected us to have better plack technologies. We should have had some where the hat changes. for each year he played with a team he get to have that team hat for 1 min. and it just loops around.

12 min with Clev.

3 with Phi

3.5 min with CHW

.5 min with LAD

1 Min with MIN

QUOTE (whitem0nkey @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
being the year 2010 I would have expected us to have better plack technologies. We should have had some where the hat changes. for each year he played with a team he get to have that team hat for 1 min. and it just loops around.

12 min with Clev.

3 with Phi

3.5 min with CHW

.5 min with LAD

1 Min with MIN

This is awesome. I imagine one of those morphing things where his face actually ages in the process too.

Too bad MLB won't even consider the technology for another 50 years probably.

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
This is awesome. I imagine one of those morphing things where his face actually ages in the process too.

Too bad MLB won't even consider the technology for another 50 years probably.

I honestly don't think I'd want it. The HOF is such a classical place. Just arriving in Cooperstown takes you back 100 years. I feel like I'm connected to all the generations of people that have watched baseball when I was there.

It is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had as a sports fan. I look forward to one day going back, this time with my dad being a grandpa and my future kids (hopefully Sox fans) at a good age to appreciate the lore of Cooperstown.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
Well what might come into play is how Cleveland fans have turned their back on him while in Chicago he is loved.

If Thome has any say in this, I doubt that he'd let a few jackass Indians fans taint the memory of his Cleveland days. Thome came up with them, had his best years there, and won two pennants with them. I love the fact that he wore a Sox uni for four seasons, but Jim Thome will always be an Indian.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
12 seasons, 6 playoffs with Cleveland.

3.5 seasons, 1 playoff with the Sox.

Absolutely no way he doesn't wear an Indians hat

But, but, the Indians fans BOO'd him!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
Thome will go in as an Indian.

Only way he would have went with the Sox if he was still here and hit 600 and 650 as a Sox player, and even then its a stretch.

Or if he got a ring.

But yeah, there's no way we goes in with a Sox hat.