Sox sign Jeremy Reed

SoIL

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:00 AM)
I think you mean "Castaway", no?

Ay Yuy Yuy Yuy Yuy!

Can you give me a "D-uh"!!! with a Capital "D"? Where's my head at?

The following is a message from "Rooftop" to Rooftop" !

Hey Rooftop......................"D-UH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks! I deserve that!

No Problem! Anytime!

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Nostalgia aside, what does this actually mean for us? What affect does he have on the system now? Is he going to have a shot to make an impact or is this just going to be a ripple in our minor league system?

He's going to fill in for De Aza in the OF while De Aza is back on the DL. De Aza is still vastly ahead of him on the depth chart of guys who might someday be called up, but he can't stay healthy. If enough guys got hurt that KW legitimately had to consider bringing up Reed, he's more likely to make a trade for someone else's overpaid backup than he is to bring Reed up.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
Poor Reed. He's just another of the many ballplayers not good enough to make it.

Wrong time to bring up the fact that his career numbers compare favorably to Dewayne Wise? :P

Never a wrong time to talk about Dewayne Wise. One of my favorites.

I guess Reed could be last man on a roster like Wise. I never said Wise was great, just a better ballplayer than many on here think him to be.

I saw Reed play in Vegas this year. He continues to not pass the eye test.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
Never a wrong time to talk about Dewayne Wise. One of my favorites.

I guess Reed could be last man on a roster like Wise. I never said Wise was great, just a better ballplayer than many on here think him to be.

I saw Reed play in Vegas this year. He continues to not pass the eye test.

How is that possible?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
Man, I ain't talkin' to you until you get rid of that dumbass name.

No dice. (unless Reed is released or somethin)

Gotta keep the nig's name on here which was my original (luckily, I'm not one of those posters who makes like 5 different names here) name to begin with until he's out the org again. Then, I'll go back to Ace.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)
No dice. (unless Reed is released or somethin)

Gotta keep the nig's name on here which was my original (luckily, I'm not one of those posters who makes like 5 different names here) name to begin with until he's out the org again. Then, I'll go back to Ace.

lol. That was cool in '04. But I'm not going to change my name to K.Honelwhateverhisdamnnumberwas (he was one of my favorite prospects) if he were to somehow rejoin the organization. But your loyalty (more like obsession) is to be commended.

How is that possible?

Easy. He saved the perfect game with perhaps the best play defensively in team history. Also he got some big hits and pretty much did what he was asked to do despite getting booed mercilessly and ripped by fans for no reason. Nobody said he was supposed to be anything but the team's last outfielder on the roster, except Oz, who started him and led him off on opening day. I love Wise.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Easy. He saved the perfect game with perhaps the best play defensively in team history. Also he got some big hits and pretty much did what he was asked to do despite getting booed mercilessly and ripped by fans for no reason. Nobody said he was supposed to be anything but the team's last outfielder on the roster, except Oz, who started him and led him off on opening day. I love Wise.

Thats where you lose me completely. Its like you want to be bashed or something. Why go so far to say you love him? I was a fan of Paco Martin and Chris Snopek throughout the years...would I ever say I loved them? Heeeeeelllllllllll NO i wouldnt say I loved them. Unless I wanted attention and arguments with people cause when it was all said and done they werent good Major League baseball players. Yeah they had their moments when they made me clap my hands, but cmon with the love talk.