Who will we sign???

soxfan420

Well the Sox won't quite save 4 million, mailny because Koch will get a raise.

They will reup with Buerhle and Koch though and then bring in one more pitcher, the question is who, and how do we get him.

If its via a trade say goodbye to Carlos, if its via free agency, then likely it means Thomas isn't here.

Of course right now, I wouldn't mind having both Carlos and Frank in the lineup for one more year. Big reason is, we have a lot of youngsters we are counting on, so its good to have the rest of the players as good offensive bats that we know we have, so in case they struggle, we still have the conistent middle of the order that will provide plenty of support.

Originally posted by abozichiu

We need to sign Buehrle to a long term deal.

Then I'd like to see Moyer or Byrd placed at the top of our lists.

Man I would love to get Byrd, but i wonder who would be cheaper him or Moyer?

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

They will reup with Buerhle and Koch though and then bring in one more pitcher, the question is who, and how do we get him.

If its via a trade say goodbye to Carlos, if its via free agency, then likely it means Thomas isn't here.

Of course right now, I wouldn't mind having both Carlos and Frank in the lineup for one more year.  Big reason is, we have a lot of youngsters we are counting on, so its good to have the rest of the players as good offensive bats that we know we have, so in case they struggle, we still have the conistent middle of the order that will provide plenty of support.

We have Thomas, Maggs and Konerko for the middle of the order with Crede at #6 and Valentin at the #2 spot, assuming we traded away Carlos. And if we signed Hollandsworth(like you and I and a lot of other people would like) he could bat 8th with Rowand taking over the #7 spot.

In other words, the lineup would be:

1) Jimenez

2) Valentin

3) Thomas

4) Ordonez

5) Konerko

6) Crede

7) Rowand

8) Hollandsworth

9) Olivo

If we don't get Hollandsworth, we still have Liefer to take over LF...if that happened, I'd start him out in the 7 spot with Rowand batting 8th.

We will be strong...so why would we need Lee? What we need is more speed, and with Hollandsworth, Rowand, Olivo, and Jimenez, we will have plenty of speed, and Paul has good speed as well.

One of Thomas and Lee will not be with us next year...probably Lee.

I believe we could land Byrd if we offered him a 4 year deal for $16 million.

This would sure seem like a lot for a guy who's only proven himself for two seasons and has been shaky for the other two seasons, but if the Sox can dump Lee somehow I'm all for it. I am sure the Yankees would take Lee to play the OF. If we can free up the space, I'd like to see the Sox offer Byrd a sweet deal.

Moyer would probably take a two year deal for $12 million or so (maybe 10), but I think that is over paying. Go for Byrd first.

Originally posted by doubleM23
Originally posted by soxfan420

we just cut another 4 mill in the foulke trade if we dont sign anyone now im gonna be pissed

i think we will resign b-man and maybe another 3-4 pitcher

Well, Koch is eating up 2.3 of the 4 mill right now.

'

how so foulke cost 6 mill a year???

KW said with the money sent to oakland..this trade salary wise is a wash..i figure we sent them in the neighborhood of 2 million dollars

we will sign a back up catcher..chad kreuter or geoff zaun and that will be it...we are not getting byrd or anyone else...unless KW makes another trade (god help us all) this is it

Foulke makes 6 million, yes.

Johson makes, oh 600,000.

Koch makes 2.35 BUT is arbitration eligible. Expect his salary to jump to 5 ish. Plus, we sent 2 million to the A's. So, it's basically push. With Frank coming back, at about 5-6 million, and Lee most likely being dealt, expect about 5 million to open up for a FA.

Guest hotsoxchick1

now i havent heard the interview on the radio the other day with kw but i did manage to get bits and pieces of it via friends... just exactly what did he mean when he said..."we have control over him for the next three years" (meaning koch)... that to me sounds like they have already handed him what hes going to make and that will be the end of it untill the three years is up... am i guessing this wrong??? if anyone heard the interview in its entirety please clue me in cause those words stuck out like a sore thumb to me for some reason...........

Guest hotsoxchick1

tends to make me believe it already did from his statement we can control him for the next three years.... dont you see it that way????????

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

tends to make me believe it already did from his statement we can control him for the next three years.... dont you see it that way????????

I heard that too....it was from the MLB thing...they were talking about why he got Koch...KW said he had been after him for a couple years(this is his 3rd year as a GM...was he going to try and trade one of his other injury bug men to Toronto to try and get Billy out of him in his first year? Or was he trying to screw them over last year when Oakland acquired him in the first place? what a dips***)....I believe he then went on to say that he did have control of him for three years....I just think it's him being the same dips*** he is and not realizing that Koch is arbitration eligible and the fact of the matter is he will probably get a bunch more in arbitration....he better have signed him, or else KW is in for a surprise.

He also said "this is a baseball move." Can this guy get any f***ing stupider?

Originally posted by witesoxfanHe also said "this is a baseball move."  Can this guy get any f***ing stupider?

Well, what he meant is that this trade wasn't a money trade. The deals he made last year at the deadline we're money deals. So while yes it was stupid of him to say, it makes sense.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i wish, that when he talks he wouldnt do this double talk s***... when i have my moron head on instead of my baseball sense head, it sounds to me like he has koch locked up for the next three years without having to spend anything on him..........damnit........say what you mean kw and not what you want us to hear......lol

Originally posted by witesoxfan
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Of course right now, I wouldn't mind having both Carlos and Frank in the lineup for one more year.  Big reason is, we have a lot of youngsters we are counting on, so its good to have the rest of the players as good offensive bats that we know we have, so in case they struggle, we still have the conistent middle of the order that will provide plenty of support.

We have Thomas, Maggs and Konerko for the middle of the order with Crede at #6 and Valentin at the #2 spot, assuming we traded away Carlos. And if we signed Hollandsworth(like you and I and a lot of other people would like) he could bat 8th with Rowand taking over the #7 spot.

In other words, the lineup would be:

1) Jimenez

2) Valentin

3) Thomas

4) Ordonez

5) Konerko

6) Crede

7) Rowand

8) Hollandsworth

9) Olivo

If we don't get Hollandsworth, we still have Liefer to take over LF...if that happened, I'd start him out in the 7 spot with Rowand batting 8th.

We will be strong...so why would we need Lee? What we need is more speed, and with Hollandsworth, Rowand, Olivo, and Jimenez, we will have plenty of speed, and Paul has good speed as well.

One of Thomas and Lee will not be with us next year...probably Lee.

I think Konerko has proven himself to take the 3 spot. Thomas needs to prove himself to keep it with that awful season last year. That would be

3: konerko

4: maggs

5: thomas

Either that or move konerko to clean up and give maggs the three spot, but either way I dont think Thomas deserves the #3 spot untill he can prove himself to take it.

Originally posted by Molto

I kinda agree with you baggs.

if we are gonna sign someone, it will be after Thomas signs elsewhere.

since Thomas isn't signing elsewhere (or at least it seems) we could very well deal Lee. 

Ya, we'll sign a backup catcher and add a pitcher, how, that just depends. I think the Sox could sign Daal if they keep Lee and Thomas, but nothing better then that.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

well i wish, that when he talks he wouldnt do this double talk s***... when i have my moron head on instead of my baseball sense head, it sounds to me like he has koch locked up for the next three years without having to spend anything on him..........damnit........say what you mean kw and not what you want us to hear......lol

I think he's pretty much signed, its just him meeting his teammates and finalizing the deal and such.

Thats just me going off a hunch.

Originally posted by mac9001

Why would we want Hollandsworth? Give Joe Borchard or if not him Jeff Leffer a chance.

I think Hollandsworth is good cause he's insurance if Rowand isn't healthy or struggles. He can also compete with Liefer and is a good hitter and would come basically at the league minimum.

The reason I don't want Borchard here yet, is that his swing is still a bit too long and he has some adjustments that need to be made, ones that would be best done at the minor league level. He himself said he needs a bit more time.

Now if he comes out hot and looks like he's ready, then I won't complain, its just nice having a backup plan and I am telling everyone, Hollandsworth is a damn good offensive player and a very solid defensive one, as long as he's healthy, he'd be a steal.