Who will we sign???

soxfan420

I suggested the same type of thing last year too...having Konerko bat 3rd...he seemed perfect...and then he stunk it up in the second half...he hit 7 homers in the second half...that is unacceptable, IMO...Thomas hit .359 in September...which is great, and that's not very hard to understand.

I'd have to say that this up and coming spring training will be very important for Thomas and Konerko, to determine who will bat 3rd and who will bat 5th.

[

Originally posted by mac9001

Why would we want Hollandsworth? Give Joe Borchard or if not him Jeff Leffer a chance.

hollandsworth would , imo , fill a role that was crucial to the sucess of the '00 team and hasnt been filled since..thats the role jeff abbott played...hollandsworth can play all 3 outfield positions and is a guy that can sit for weeks at a time and still come off the bench and hit...he would be a great addition to tony g on the bench..we would have two solid bench guys that are good clubhouse people..

thats another deal that really pissed me off with KW...getting rid of abbott...while abbott is no longer playing i nthe bigs its becaue he suffered a severe knee injury in tampa..if he was stil lwith us that might have never happened...

hollandsworth will probably command about 800k to 1 million in the free agent market...as cheap as we are he probably isnt an option...